R2d2s stun is broken? WAI?

by Doomcomp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

R2d2s stun is broken? WAI?

★ Novice
Anyone else notice R2 stun through cls and thrawns zeta? They are supposed to get +100 tenacity but last arena match both cls (no call to action) and thrawn (fractured opponent) got stunned by r2, which I find wierd. Neither had tenacity down debuff on them either.
So, broken or WAI?
Message 1 of 7 (1,071 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: R2d2s stun is broken? WAI?

★★ Guide

Just to check, the 60% Potency on those R2 is already taking into account his Number Crunch Ability? Mine has about 50% on the character sheet but in battle it’ll go up to 80% as I’m running 3 Resistance characters. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,584 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I forget if there it's 5% or 10% - but there is always a chance to stun - there is no true 100% tenacity in the game outside of the Tenacity up buff like Rex/M. yoda. - which doesn't seem consistent, but whatev's, is WAI.

Add in R2 could also have Mods bringing up his Tenacity - 30% from 3 sets plus 24% (I think) from the right plus mod - which would bite into % chance quite a lot.

Message 2 of 7 (1,037 Views)

★ Novice
I'm assuming you mean potency, not tenacity. But sure, I get that +100 tenacity doesn't equal being unstunnable but getting stunned constantly (30%-60% of the times, even by r2s with no potency mods seems strange. I mean I have 150 tenacity with the zeta and r2s I meet have at the most 60% potency. It just doesn't add up, unless it's a diminishing return after 100.
Just wondering if it's WAI even though r2 can stun 40-60 % of the times through what would normally be like 5%-10% chans tenacity levels.
Message 3 of 7 (1,029 Views)

★★ Guide

Just to check, the 60% Potency on those R2 is already taking into account his Number Crunch Ability? Mine has about 50% on the character sheet but in battle it’ll go up to 80% as I’m running 3 Resistance characters. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,585 Views)

★ Novice
Hmm.. right, that might explain it when you run resistance but I'm mostly against cls teams seeing as LJR teams usually have insane speed... So basically rebels. He shouldn't get bonus potency for rebels, right?
Message 5 of 7 (1,005 Views)

★★ Guide

Well he would still get 10% at the minimum since he counts as Resistance as well. 

Message 6 of 7 (995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

cls only gets +100% tenacity when call to action is not active. i have recently learned that tenacity down can be applied to opponents with tenacity up and if this happen, their tenacity is boosted then dropped to a very small number.

Also, as I understand it, high tenacity doesn't mean buffs cannot land, just that the chances are very small. I may be wrong about this, correct me if you know something I don't.

Message 7 of 7 (751 Views)