Re: Question regarding region-locked copies and DLC (PL/RUS)

by Hawke_404

Original Post

Question regarding region-locked copies and DLC (PL/RUS)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey,
I've just been informed that if I'd purchase the game in my home region (Poland), I'll be locked out of the English language version and forced to deal with the localization, both text and audio. Tragic and damn unfair, but I get where they're coming from (the game is sold cheaper here). No worries I thought, I'll just get my copy from GMG and pay a bit more, to enjoy the ENG version.

My question is for people with experience of dealing with region locked EA games in the past (Battlefield 4 had this issue, AFAIK) - if I'd buy a "Global" base game key, what would happen with future DLC releases (map packs and whatnot) in terms of compatibility? Would I have to also purchase "global" keys for those as well, and are DLC region locked at all? 

The above is quite important for me, as while I can take the financial hit of having to buy the game for a higher price than I normally should, if it applies to all future DLC as well I might have to re-consider the purchase altogether.

EDIT:

One more thing, please confirm for me that if I'd get a key in Poland, I'll be forced to only use Polish audio, and English audio will be locked out. I've seen a post contradicting this on some forums, but no official/realible source.

Message 1 of 3 (382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

buy it somewhere else I got screwed and now I have to wait to get my money back so I can buy it in UK or something to get English. this is beyond pathetic and unprofessional. You'd think that buying original game should have AT LEAST English but no

bf1

Message 2 of 3 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

1. Global keys for games are compatible with local DLC (bought Dragon Age: Inquisition (ROW) and DLC from Origin (local). Runs well and the DLC have English VA (audio) and subs.

2. If the store page states Supported Languages as "Polski, Русский" only, that's what you get. No English.

Message 3 of 3 (340 Views)