Re: BFV Hackfest

by grrett

Original Post

Re: Question on bfv hackers

★★★ Novice

How can you say they are doing the best they can ,the industry has allowed hacking site for years to evolve into its own empire that generates serious money, these sites and bank accounts for them should be frozen to resolve this epidemic.. The trouble is this cost vast amounts of time and money and it would effect profits in the short term, I'm not blaming Dice, EA , I blame the gaming industry. .just my opinion 

Message 81 of 90 (1,391 Views)

It's more complicated than that. The industry adapts their anti-cheat policies and initiatives every year, but in the end, it's all a bunch of 0's and 1s- the cheater community will always be able to find a way around it. It's like the saying "cut the head off the Hydra and two will grow in its place"; they have to be extremely strategic in how they go about dismantling these businesses

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 82 of 90 (1,382 Views)

★ Apprentice

Relying on software to out-do other software is failed approach. Ive watch this over many years with the hacks all one step ahead.

Whats another direction? HUMAN involvement. The time spent on a staff member coding away at the matrix would be better used just looking at the obvious in front of them.

Super high stats on players?.. na, let them keep going. More than 200 reports on a particular player, na... let him go. Spectating a random server and watching what we see daily, na... ill keep coding instead. NO admins... nothing.

All we see is players complaining on the forums of how they were banned with crap stats and the obvious hackers still playing. People reporting the same players for what? nothing happens. 

The hacks wont get banned, not because Dice/EA cant do it... they know that no one will be left playing the game. They will lose more money than to be pro active about it to keep legit players happy. 

I dont think they understand, I would pay more than $100 and a subscription for a game that is kept clean as much as possible... you can make it as pretty as, the largest scale, fastest running game in the world!... but just leave the door open for cheaters? why should i give you a penny. Gameplay and Fairplay matters to me more... but hey, im old and outdated.

Personally ive been holding out to see that headline of "thousands of hackers blanket banned"... I really do hope it comes but it will all be too late. 

Message 83 of 90 (1,373 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Hackers use sub accounts. Especially in the PC version, "chat log remains on the server". And it will be fair judgment.
Message 84 of 90 (1,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@O-loony-O wrote:

"Relying on software to out-do other software is failed approach. Ive watch this over many years with the hacks all one step ahead.

Whats another direction? HUMAN involvement. The time spent on a staff member coding away at the matrix would be better used just looking at the obvious in front of them.

Super high stats on players?.. na, let them keep going. More than 200 reports on a particular player, na... let him go. Spectating a random server and watching what we see daily, na... ill keep coding instead. NO admins... nothing.

All we see is players complaining on the forums of how they were banned with crap stats and the obvious hackers still playing. People reporting the same players for what? nothing happens. 

The hacks wont get banned, not because Dice/EA cant do it... they know that no one will be left playing the game. They will lose more money than to be pro active about it to keep legit players happy. 

I dont think they understand, I would pay more than $100 and a subscription for a game that is kept clean as much as possible... you can make it as pretty as, the largest scale, fastest running game in the world!... but just leave the door open for cheaters? why should i give you a penny. Gameplay and Fairplay matters to me more... but hey, im old and outdated.

Personally ive been holding out to see that headline of "thousands of hackers blanket banned"... I really do hope it comes but it will all be too late."

THIS!!

Message 85 of 90 (1,261 Views)

Re: BF 5 Hackers!!! Sick to the back teeth!

★ Novice

Not buying any more EA games. They don't give a * about anything after the sell. * EA

Message 86 of 90 (1,191 Views)

★ Novice

Useless to report!

Message 87 of 90 (1,191 Views)

★★ Pro

Am I the only one thinking, that BFV is quiet good when it comes to cheaters in the game? I have well over 200 hours in the game and came across a handful of blatant hackers. Everytime that happened, the whole server population left quiet quickly (not only the opposit team but also the player from the team of the cheater).

In contrast i hear a lot of false accusations in the ingame chat, because players don´t understand how they got killed, or just because a player has a pretty high k/d ratio. I think many BF players don´t realize that this iteration of the franchise has a much wider skillgap than the previous titles had.

I agree that there are some really odd playerprofiles to find on battlefieldtracker, that suggest that they are hacking or using some other sort of prohibited techniques to improve their stats. However there are a lot of players that need to realize that some people can get crazy good at this game. Just watch Shroud or Stodeh playing the game.

In my eyes the "cheater problem" got smaller over the last iterations of the franchise.

Message 88 of 90 (1,159 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The problem isn't identifying how the player was killed in  game, the factor here is, who, what, where, which weapon, time frame / date, map, server, and etc. I've been killed by many players with a high K/D and never once complained about that, because some may have squad mates actually reviving them and doing their part. It's the other half you have to watch out for, for example, you say EA / DICE have been doing good, I can say 50 / 50 on this, because I have reported a ton of players and still I have observed a good handful still active, so yeah I am not a fan of EA anymore. 

Yet the point here is I have had players use rocket launchers, sniper rifles, and a heavy machine gun and kill me from legit across the entire map of a starting point. The team with the hacker even video recorded this player and reported him, but to this date and time this player is still playing. Not hacking I would ask EA? How funny it is an entire server was bashing this player and observed him hacking and yet still on and gaming. 

I do get there is most likely thousands of complaints rolling in and EA / DICE are trying to look into each one maybe, but I have not once lied about someone hacking. I have come across many solid good players who are just better than me over the years of playing EA Battlefield Titles, but needless to say, I personally do not see a higher skill cap on the many you say or think there are. I am not stating it's impossible to see better players, but to say it's less is total crock. 

Message 89 of 90 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

I will be closing this topic reflecting the Battlefiled forums on the same subject.

Here is the latest comments from Braddock on the subject. 

Hello,

With the last few updates, our teams have continued to work on anti-cheat efforts to improve gameplay fairness and fair play in Battlefield V. With these behind-the scenes updates, our detections and detection methods have improved. 
We've also improved our reporting methods, as well as improved the reporting review process with our anti-cheat team. 

We appreciate the feedback from the community and ask you to continue to properly report any suspicious players you encounter. Please remember: simply filing a report does not mean they are guilty of cheating. Our anti-cheat teams look into each and every report to verify the authenticity and take appropriate action when a cheat is verified. Also note: we had previously stopped giving 7 day suspensions. Once verified via our internal tools, we have a zero-tolerance policy towards cheating accounts. 

One thing we urge each and every Battlefield player to review is their account security details. Do you have Secret Question/Answer on your account? Do you have more than one? Have you added Two-Factor Authentication to your account (via the Origin Authentication Process/Backup Codes or a third party authenticator like Google Authenticator? Unsecured accounts are sought after by cheat engineers and cheaters to test their cheat tools. 

This thread will be closed. Over the summer we'll be working with our anti-cheat and TOS teams to continue working on anti-cheat, from even more improved detection methods to better reporting processes for our gamers and more informative replies to cheat reports and appeals.

-Braddock512-

(Source

/Atic 

Message 90 of 90 (1,139 Views)