Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Question] How works matchmaking?

★★★★ Guide

Dear Devs,

dear playerbase,

I have a difficult question...

How works the actuall Matchmaking?

This is my personal experience how I noticed the matchmaking since release, mostly on Galactic Assault on PlayStation 4.

Back in 2017 the matchmaking was like...

Join a lobby > a new map starts > play one site (good) > play another site (dark) > next map ... repeatedly.

I think it was arround August 2018...

Join a Lobby > a new map starts > play one site (good) > play another site (dark)> next map apears > repeat same actions like before for 3 or 4 times then > lobby change > play as dark site > play as good site > repeat

How it maybe right now is (2019)...

Join a Lobby > a new map starts > play one site (good) > match finish > half lobby on each site -if they are not on the same group- leaves the game (got a map change) > new round on the another site (dark) starts > match finish > next map starts > the lobby got mixed up with all players who are not on a group > starts on the dark site (the site you played a map before) > half lobby is leaving again > match finish > change to another site (good) > half lobby is leaving (got map change) > match finish > lobby change > repeat

Now my questions are...

How is a lobby built up?

Which preferences are you using (I know at least favourite region)?

I noticed that I all 2 maps I am forced to a weaker team which will lose when I not play with my friends, because they are newbies or just doesn't want to play the objective.

Mostly I got a 1st place on MVP for missions points, but on the chart 1st place to 10th place...

Is there some background scanning of each player with K/D ratio, MVP , win / lose ratio or it's so simple that you just got placed on a lobby where is a place free?

The reason I am asking is, that I noticed that's something feels wrong with the matchmaking. It's annoying when you feels that you have to play with people who doesn't play the game right and you are sometimes the only one who is on the target while the most players think there is someone... yeah they are right, but I alone can't hold up a whole team. A few matches later I make the experience that we rush the another Team to the grounds and win the match with something like 89 Tickets available on the last point.

Now I am asking... I am the only one or there are other peoples with similar experiences?

Message 1 of 2 (794 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Question] How works matchmaking?

Champion

@CloudMcRipHey Cloudmcrip. Thx for your post.  I agree with you. And after playing for a long long time, I see there are many things that have changed and become better.

EOR-MM ( end of round - Matchmaking) has morphed from how can we change the current players from beating everyone, everytime, to what we have today.

Thousands of hours of development to make this work better.

Example

When 2 teams are evenly matched, timer close to ending or 3rd stage loss, it mixes the players rather well.

When 2 teams are not evenly matched the AI puts the high scorers on different teams, and maps to help balance the teams.

I have seen when a player or a team/group is way ahead on score from the others, they are placed in their own lobby while the others are put into a separate group.

I am guessing here, but it seems like its based on Score, BP or XP at the end of the match.

Note it has changed a lot during the past 12 months. EA has done a good job of creating this from scratch. It was not so good initially but has morphed to this and personally it has been working really well "when there are enough players" perhaps 3-4 maps going at all times.

If there are not many players for some reason, ( time of day, or other), it tends to throw players out to a lobby that will take more time to fill.

Keep working on your skills!  See you in Starfighter Assault!.

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (749 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Question] How works matchmaking?

Champion

@CloudMcRipHey Cloudmcrip. Thx for your post.  I agree with you. And after playing for a long long time, I see there are many things that have changed and become better.

EOR-MM ( end of round - Matchmaking) has morphed from how can we change the current players from beating everyone, everytime, to what we have today.

Thousands of hours of development to make this work better.

Example

When 2 teams are evenly matched, timer close to ending or 3rd stage loss, it mixes the players rather well.

When 2 teams are not evenly matched the AI puts the high scorers on different teams, and maps to help balance the teams.

I have seen when a player or a team/group is way ahead on score from the others, they are placed in their own lobby while the others are put into a separate group.

I am guessing here, but it seems like its based on Score, BP or XP at the end of the match.

Note it has changed a lot during the past 12 months. EA has done a good job of creating this from scratch. It was not so good initially but has morphed to this and personally it has been working really well "when there are enough players" perhaps 3-4 maps going at all times.

If there are not many players for some reason, ( time of day, or other), it tends to throw players out to a lobby that will take more time to fill.

Keep working on your skills!  See you in Starfighter Assault!.

GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 2 of 2 (750 Views)