Quarterback Cadence

by SpAt41

Original Post

Quarterback Cadence

★★★ Newbie

Eli Manning does not have his real life QB cadence and the generic voice for his cadence in the game is repetitive and totally unrealistic. Makes playing with the Giants unenjoyable in my opinion. Just because Eli isn’t as popular as some of the other QB’s in the league (or on the cover of the game) shouldn’t mean his portrayal is any less realistic than the other players. 

Message 1 of 14 (2,039 Views)

Re: Quarterback Cadence

Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback, @SpAt41 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 14 (1,971 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this going to be fixed? I honestly want my money back. I know Madden sometimes has inside jokes on players but that is not fair to consumers who bought the game. Where can I call to request a refund for the download? I feel trapped. I don’t mean to be rude. Older versions of the game have the realistic cadence, making it much more fun to play. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,932 Views)

★★ Novice

So you’re not going to fix it? I’m screenshotting this for my complaint. Don’t underestimate the power of the internet to assemble a class action. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,880 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

you could fix this by playing with a decent team. You do realize that you not liking one nuisance of a game is something you should tell the developers but it's a far cry from a reason for a company to refund you your purchase. they didnt market this game for giants fans, or promise you anything more than what it is. if you don't like it then don't buy the next one or go out and purchase it on a physical copy and you can get some of your money back selling it. unfortunately the EA team members can't tell you how ridiculous you're acting, but implying you'll start a class action against them because eli has a generic cadence is childish. At some point you will have to grow up and realize that sometimes purchases are final. ea developed the game but who ever actually sold and distributed it would actually be the ones you would have to ask for a refund if you had a valid claim which you dont so you're threatening EA. this game is wonderful and they did a great job with the important details (which eli isnt), and this game has been widely praised. class actions dont have a specific number of affected parties but they generally accept about 40 people, so its unfortunate that there arent that many Eli manning fans or you might have a case.

Message 5 of 14 (1,857 Views)

Community Manager

@danieltones 

We're not aware of any upcoming changes to Eli's cadence from which we can share for now, but always keep an eye on the forums for information on what changes are made in game updates. The team has to manage adding new content while implementing fixes for bugs at the same time, so there are times when deciding what gets changed or fixed can be tough for a lot of NFL Madden fans out there that don't see the changes they desire.

Also, please be aware that any legal discussions and/or threats are subject to being removed from our forums per the AHQ Rules.

Thank you again for your feedback and good luck to the Giants this week. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 14 (1,842 Views)

★★ Novice

Ay, *. I’m a professional writer. Don’t give me bureaucratic jargon and bad grammar. Your opening sentence didn’t even make sense. You’re not aware of “any update from which you can share?” Are you in first grade? It takes nothing to pull up your software and upload the cadence as you have done every year. If you persist to manipulate me this will become a movement. 

Message 7 of 14 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Kick me off! We’ll never go away. There’s more of us. You thought the Area 51 meme spread like a wildfire? EA has been screwing over Madden consumers for years. All it takes is one meme to light the internet ablaze with complaints of your piecemeal annual updates, overpriced game, and shady customer service. Enough is enough. 

Message 8 of 14 (1,834 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This isn’t solely about the cadence. Google Madden reviews on the internet. These people are thieves. They’ve monopolized the right to development video games based on the National Football League and minus a few acceptable updates to the game it hasn’t changed substantially in many years. A class action is totally appropriate in this case if only to raise the alarm. EA can’t pull crap like this and reply to hard paying consumers like myself and others in the voice of a 1100 SAT score student pretending to be an attorney. I want answers!

Message 9 of 14 (1,831 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Make this worse. Kick me off instead of adding the cadence to the update. Why risk this becoming a PR headache for your company? I could be the child of an exec for all you know!
Message 10 of 14 (1,822 Views)