PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Hackers spotted!

by Kellinaattori

Original Post

Re: PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Hackers spotted!

★ Guide

@pandareno1999  I have got screenshots (wouldn't know how to make a video, though), but how can I get them to you? Don't have an account for uploading pics and stuff.

Message 11 of 39 (1,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I could put the screenshots up here, but well.... they include NAMES Secret. Even though the names will have changed again. And why is it okay to show screenshots in other threads (with names), but not when it contains a hacker?? - It might be random. It's just some personal "montage moment", isn't it??!

But maybe you've got a way where I can send you the images.

Message 12 of 39 (1,402 Views)

Links and photos can be shared via private message through the forum, just like you do in a post.

Message 13 of 39 (1,398 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you. :eahigh_file: I hope you got the pics!

Message 14 of 39 (1,391 Views)

★ Guide

Obviously I can't edit my postings, so I have to make a new one if I forgot something. Sorry!

Just wanted to add: The hacker from yesterday was on the European server (PC) in "turf takeover", not "garden and graveyards". I play the German version, so I sometimes don't know the right names of English game modes. Embarrassed

Message 15 of 39 (1,385 Views)

★★★ Novice

i am losing faith on origin. there are many cheaters now or may be few cheaters are changing names. I'ts happening everyday. i've videos recorded and going to post on youtube if origin won't reply me. This isn't acceptable and who knows some dev are involved in this. It happened in another game btw.

Message 16 of 39 (1,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

i've  many videos. how can i send it to you? I am leaving origin btw coz they aren't gonna do nothing (i've experienced of many games).

Message 17 of 39 (1,280 Views)

★ Guide

@kashmirees 

You're right. Its happening each and every day now! Teeth bared

But how can this game be played without origin? I was never happy for the need to use it, but several games don't work without it. I especially hate the situation when origin is down, but you can't even play your games in offline mode (the ones that have it), because for that Origin first would have to run. I really don't understand that. I own games, can play them in offline-mode (like the Sims for example), but not without Origin running, even if I don't need the client. Without client the game doesn't run. So if we can't play in multiplayer cause servers are down, okay. We might switch to offline-games until servers are up again. But even THAT isn't possible with Origin. Why?

Those were the days when we could play offline-games without clients... Disappointed

In regard to the hacking business: Isn't that supposed to be the job of the specific game companies, like EA? Origin is only the platform they chose to let their games run (or NOT run, if servers are down once again). So EA or maybe even Popcap or others devs first must submit their information to EA, then over to Origin to get someone banned? It looks like a long line of inbetweens.

I always wondered what use it has to "report" someone in game when you're live watching a cheater at work (I tried, though). Without proof or pictures, how would some company know why someone was reported? It could be kids just reporting others for fun ("Hey, I got vanquished 10 times by this guy... Let's report him!"), and I fear this happens a lot. Who is to decide what report is something serious or "just kidding"?

Anyway, we meanwhile showed a lot of "hard evidence" in video or pictures, the company has names from various places with said evidence, but it hasn't changed a thing yet.

I don't think another client would change the situation, because hackers can easily find new ways. We just discussed yesterday how long they'll need until they are onto GW3 and present their hacks.

@kashmirees  I don't know how to send videos. If you uploaded them somewhere, you could provide the link. I would be interested in watching as well. But maybe someone else knows of other methods about how to handle videos.

At the moment it helps to share pics, names and videos between us as players after providing them to EA. We cannot ban those guys, but we might be able to collect further evidence or just leave the game, if we see a certain name or some strange action. I didn't appreciate the whole game crashing to desktop because some freak liked to spawn dragon Z-Mechs. All your progress and money in turf takeover is lost then. The coins and the fun at least. At that point we already changed from European to US servers because of hackers, and after one or two peaceful rounds we ran into other hackers. Nice! Sick

Message 18 of 39 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree what you said but origin can't get away with this either. They are also making money of it and responsibility comes with it. I am EA fan and mostly play EA games. I still play C&C old games like red Alert. I joined origin because of it. Things are very fishy when you hear that you can't post hackers information online. Does it mean they are developers themselves or are they spending money so EA has to protect their account? I bet you that EA not gonna do any sheet regarding this issue if they going to launch GW3. We haven't mastered all characters of GW2 and here is the discussion about GW3. Why don't you upgrade GW2 instead of launching new version? I was playing GW1 and then i had to leave it in the middle for GW2. Now for any new version do i need to leave GW2 as well? The whole progress is in the gutter then. 

Is it difficult for such a big company to take care of few hackers? Hackers would come back therefore good companies should have preventive measures to deal with them. Seems EA don't wan't to do that. It's been long time and EA didn't do anything, why? Is this inside job? If i am running any business i'd make sure none would be able to hack it. I'd maintain a system that can't be hacked and if it happens i'd be able to deal with it quickly for smooth operation. Is it rocket science what i am talking about?

Now every single time when i play PVZ MWF2, i see some sort of hacker. I even found a couple of hackers who have more damage than usual and as an experienced player you can tell the difference. I don't believe that any outsider can do this frequently unless he gets help from inside. I might be wrong but i am telling from my experience. 

Well in any case i might be leaving origin as well as EA. I can't stand with this. On origin i only play PVZ on regular bases and if there is no reason of playing PVZ then what is the point keeping origin, right?

I regret that i motivated many people to play PVZ and now they are laughing at me. 

Message 19 of 39 (1,241 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@kashmirees
I think names can be shared online but just on this forum... anming and shaming is not allowed here.
There is however a Reddit forum where the hackers are named, videoed and pictured that does not have the same rules as here. If you have such things and wish to post them publicly then there is that platform to do it on.

Here is a link for you... Hope it helps :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZGardenWarfare/

PS If you encouraged folk to play PVZ and they had fun, then I'm sure they are not laughing at you.... and if they are laughing at you for something you have no control over, well that's not very nice of them.

Message 20 of 39 (1,229 Views)