Re: PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Hackers spotted!

by astrobeetle

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Dude * tell that ea have bad anti cheat!
Message 21 of 39 (1,429 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, thank you for posts, i know dealing with these situations is frustrating and I hope it'll continually improve. If and when there's any substantial update or milestone we'll let you know. 

For the "name and shame" rule, in brief we don't allow it because this is the wrong place to report it, and such threads can lead to some really nasty behaviour. 

If you see suspect (or blatant) behaviour, you can report them using the steps on this page: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

You guys probably saw it already, but the Live Producer has commented on the invalid character issue here: https://twitter.com/slaker/status/1123744372577665024

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 22 of 39 (1,397 Views)

[ Edited ]

One needs to stop and think about why the "name and shame" rule exists.  Say xXNOOBinatorXx really hates I_KILL_YOU_LOTS.  So he comes here and make a post telling about how horrible he is and how he cheats in various ways,   Not only is this total hearsay, but the accused really has no way to rebut the accusation should they try.  It's just a recipe for toxic behavior.  And I suspect allowing such posts might open up EA to legal problems.

I have been allowing attachments with video proof to stand as long as the accused is not named in text in the post.  But please realize that posting on here is preaching to the choir.  Popcap is not here reading these posts.  A popcap employee is being flagged to read such posts on the reddit sub however, so that is what I am suggesting.

Message 23 of 39 (1,355 Views)

★★★ Novice

So can i post videos and pics here without mentioning name in text?  But names would be visible in videos though.  

Message 24 of 39 (1,345 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just to add to this thread,  can  you spot the cheater? Standard smile

GW2_cheater.png

Message 25 of 39 (1,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@astrobeetlei came across 2 hackers , i took screenshots they were playing yeti and some other npcs in online match , i included 1 screenshot but 1 is enough it has their names PLZ BAN THESE 2 HACKERS .

Message 26 of 39 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Guide
@lazyazzgamer hmm these two aren't banned, even i reported them like nearly two months ago.. i haven't seen them now in TT, thought they're banned.. but now i see they aren't actually, which is sad, EA is like allowing them using cheats since they aren't banning them
Message 27 of 39 (1,080 Views)

★ Novice

Everyone, please go to @eahelp  on Twitter and join all the max rank players in complaining about this issue. It has become almost impossible to find any game without hackers in PC online matches.

Message 28 of 39 (1,044 Views)

★ Apprentice

This morning, a player was plating as Blitzer on European server in a mixed mode. He was annoying, but manageable (not invincible, and no special abilities or powers). This afternoon, on the same server two hackers were messing up the Turf Takeover game. One was a Yellow Gnome guardian, and the other some kind of infinity goat. I reported one of them, but could not find the other player's profile (I guess he could be using the mix of English and other language letters). Got all of them recorded, though.

Message 29 of 39 (996 Views)

★★★ Novice

Considering filing a class action lawsuit.  Based on how new players are paying for a game that is not what is promised, due to all the hackers.  Spouse is an attorney and said a gaming entertainment atty could have a ball with this suit.  Should be an open and shut case, since EA/PopCap appears to be doing nothing about these hackers/cheaters/modders. 

Surely there would be plenty of interest in the community in getting in on this lawsuit.

Message 30 of 39 (980 Views)