Punishment For Quitting Early

by wiggleman83

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Punishment For Quitting Early

★★ Novice

There needs to be some kind of punishment for players who leave early. In online versus, I played 4 games and won them all but only 1 of them was played to completion. It's ridiculous and no fun.

Message 1 of 8 (1,210 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Punishment For Quitting Early

Community Manager

Hey there, @OAliTLH 

The player/team that quits will take a loss.

I'm now going to lock this thread to prevent further "necro-posting". Please start a new thread for any current issues.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (809 Views)

All Replies

You lose far more rank points when you leave a game early. Online VS is much less competitive than say HUT though, so I'm sure people just don't care as much.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 8 (1,182 Views)

Community Manager

@TTZ_Dipsy @wiggleman83 

Actually, you lose the same amount in HUT and Online Versus whether someone quits out early or loses after completing the whole game. I definitely get the frustration though. I don't mind having someone quit out occasionally, but if it were 75% of games, that would probably get old. Is that a regular occurrence or was it just this one session of games?

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 8 (1,169 Views)

★★ Novice

It's a regular occurrence. It usually happens when I take a 2-goal lead in the third. It's the reason I never play more than 4 or 5 games in in row at absolute max.

Message 4 of 8 (1,164 Views)

@EA_Aljo 

Eh I'll need to hop on and test that - I remember losing far more quitting on certain individuals than others of similar rank. Is EASHL the same as HUT and VS?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 5 of 8 (1,159 Views)

Community Manager

@TTZ_Dipsy 

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about how you lose the same points for quitting early or losing. Your points could be different due to rank, but you'd still go down the same amount if you quit early or lost.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,148 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I think if EA is really concerned about quality gameplay, they would penalize the loser who quits early.

It's bad enough there's a ridiculous lag that I myself face and take my losses after 2000000000 right/left combo from the rigged Connor.

The least you can do  is whenever a loser quits (including if I do this MYSELF) then it's a loss.  period.

Message 7 of 8 (813 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, @OAliTLH 

The player/team that quits will take a loss.

I'm now going to lock this thread to prevent further "necro-posting". Please start a new thread for any current issues.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 8 (810 Views)