Progression is unrewarding, grindy and overall poorly designed

by Superego366

Original Post

Progression is unrewarding, grindy and overall poorly designed

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
-There are no rewards for actually leveling up.
-Once you finish all the challenges you hit a wall and the max amount of credits you get from these challenge is somewhere in the 26k range.
-Daily crates are worthless
-Crafting part drops are no where near where they need to be to make rare or epic cards.
-The drop rate of a rare card is somewhere in the 1% range
-You spend credits for only getting a chance of getting something good.
-Credits earned for a game is based off of time played and have no relationship to your score no matter what EA says.
-500 credit per day limit on arcade is ridiculous. There should be no limit.

Edit:
You get credits instead of crafting points for duplicates, this is contrary to what they said they were going to change after the beta.

This progression system licks donkey *. Fix it.
Message 1 of 15 (561 Views)

Re: Progression is unrewarding, grindy and overall poorly designed

Hero

Great observations.  I'm with you on multiple items.

Curious on that drop rate comment...  What do you mean by "drop rate"?

On your credits for time played comment... I've gotten more credits with shorter play time and higher score in Heroes vs. Villains (over Galactic Assault), so there seems to be some kind of tie between the two.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 15 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are you playing the game cause the game is fun or to unlock stuff?

Message 3 of 15 (519 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Drop rate:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/17/star-wars-battlefront-ii-this-is-what-100-could-get-you-befor...

And to the other guy, you're missing the point. A progression system needs to hit a balance between making the player work and fairly rewarding them. This system does not strike that balance. This isn't an MMO, and if it were the progression would still be bad.
Message 4 of 15 (511 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I just opened a daily and got a star card for vader 75 credits and 5 craft parts.
Not bad for a free crate. 10 craft parts would be better.
Message 5 of 15 (488 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I understand capping arcade credits but...
Arcade cap should be at least enough to buy a crate or 2.
Message 6 of 15 (484 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

-There are no rewards for actually leveling up.

I have to disagree with this. You can not craft epic cards if you are not Lv25 or your trooper is not leveled up to the requirement. There is also leveling requirement for crafting lover tier cards. So if you want to craft upper tier cards you have to play the game and level up yourself and your trooper both. In other words being able to craft rare or epic cards are the rewards for leveling up.

-Once you finish all the challenges you hit a wall and the max amount of credits you get from these challenge is somewhere in the 26k range.

I belive challenges will renew periodically. EA announced that in Season one there will be new challenges. I hope it is so EA. Is it?

-Daily crates are worthless

Yes, as they are free. They could be better, they couldn't be worse Standard smile

-Crafting part drops are no where near where they need to be to make rare or epic cards.

If we would be able to craft 10 epic cards after playing 10 MP games, it wouldn't be satisfiying IMHO. I think drop rates are reasonable.

-The drop rate of a rare card is somewhere in the 1% range

Drop rate for rare cards is between 10% - 20% for me untill now.

-You spend credits for only getting a chance of getting something good.

Yes, but every new card you get, even if it is the basic one, increases level of your character. Its based on chance, but it is fun to open crates. Sometimes you get very good cards, sometimes not so good. Seems to be balanced for me untill now. However getting 200 credits back for a duplicate card after spending 4000 credits for the crate is not so much fun L

-Credits earned for a game is based off of time played and have no relationship to your score no matter what EA says.

I was wondering why I get more credits for my bad score, while getting higher credits when I did good! EA has to reveal details of credit earning system.

-500 credit per day limit on arcade is ridiculous. There should be no limit.

Yes EA why the limit? Please explain.

Edit:
You get credits instead of crafting points for duplicates, this is contrary to what they said they were going to change after the beta.

I agree. Getting crafting parts was better than getting credits for duplicates. Why did you change it EA?

Message 7 of 15 (466 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah progression is very slow after level 3 cards. Level 4 cards cost 480 crafting parts.

I played all weekend and only earned 480 crafting parts. That was probably 15 hours play time I put in this weekend and I own most of the cards out of boxes so I was earning crafting parts much faster than most people will because of the credit payback on duplicates I was getting.

I understand that level 4 cards are meant to be "end game" and they should be harder to come by but 120 crafting parts for level 3 to 480 for level 4 is a bit excessive.

Rare card drop rates are much higher than 1% though. I would say it's more like 7%.

One thing I've noticed if you want to earn credits is that the HvsV and Strike formats pay out credits at a much higher rate. HvsV also pays out player score at a much higher rate. So those of you looking to get your profile level up quickly, take a look at that. The problem of course being that the HvsV format is stupidly imbalanced towards the Dark Side thanks to Maul, Vader, Kylo, and Boba Fett all being OP in this format. While the only exceptionally strong character on the light side for the format is Luke which many players don't even have..

Crafting parts for duplicates would be a major improvement as long as it was a significant amount of parts. Actually even a small amount of parts would be an improvement now that I do some quick head math. Even just 5 crafting parts for duplicate level 1 cards would be a significant parts income increase compared to what we have...

Message 8 of 15 (463 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just an additional info: From the last 5 crates I opened in the last 2 days, I got 4 rare cards. Maybe I'm too lucky...

Message 9 of 15 (425 Views)

★★ Guide

You are very lucky, but it won't last. The only reason to hide what youre buying inside a box until you pay for it is because on average it is not worth the money you are paying for it. If it was worth it they would just show you what you are getting up front as it makes no difference. And if the odds meant you got greater value for money then they would show you what you are getting up front and charge you less. Statistically no one is gonna get their moneys worth, we are all gona get ripped off big time. The fact that occasionally someone gets a good box is never enough to counter the number of bad boxes they get, but it does keep them hoping and risking incase the next box just happens to be a good one. My suggestion as with any gambling is quit whilst your ahead.

Message 10 of 15 (418 Views)