Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Problems and suggestions for Career Mode - Beta was a disappointment

by SportRise

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Problems and suggestions for Career Mode - Beta was a disappointment

★★★★ Novice

After playing the Beta of FIFA 19 the Career mode I was really disappointed as has nothing big and small changes. We need way more than that we need big changes and way more improvements. I don't go out of my way to comment or make a post on forums but it got to a point where I had enough as I've been playing FIFA for a long time and the Career Mode are always disappointments as they never put their focus on it and barely make any changes. I understand they have to put majority of their focus on Ultimate Team because that's where they generate the most money but they can also put the same focus on Career Mode and other game modes as they have the time to do it. So please make big changes for FIFA 19 Career mode and do way more improvements especially that I don't play ultimate team and only play Career Mode. I don't want to keep purchasing FIFA every year with basically the same Career Mode so we definitely want to see way more changes and improvements. I'll list some problems and suggestions below to help as well.

Training - The training needs to be boosted at least a level up for an attribute every second session as it takes way to much time to even level up one attribute. This eneds to changed and be boosted.

Loaning players - The problem in FIFA is you can only approach players that are listed for loan which needs to change as we should be able to approach any player for loan. Another big problem is one of the players you shortlisted gets approached for loan but you won't be able to approach that same player for loan as it will say the player is not available for loan and then he gets loaned to another team doesn't make sense and can get frustrating so needs to be fixed. There should also be option to buy the player after loan like in real life would make it better and more realistic.

Features - We need more features such as FIFA Club World Cup, Ballon D' Or award and Ceremony, manager of the year ceremony, also actual cut scene for press conferences before and after important games. We need to see more features in the game and this is a must.

Youth team and league - We need more than just having youth players to sign we need an actual team and league where you can switch your schedule from your actual team to Youth team and play for them as well to help develop the players. This will make it more realistic and fin would be amazing to have. Especially other EA sports game has it and we need in FIFA to.

Editing players - Another problem not only on Career Mode just in general is when editing players who are 18 and younger even if you want to just change kits their age will increase over 50. This problem has been a problem in FIFA for many years and has to be resolved. Another thing is we should be able to edit the players skill level just like we have the option to edit weak foot level. Skill level option should be able as well as potential level and prime level. We should be able to edit potential level to see how amazing that player would become also prime level to see how long they will stay in their best form before they drop due to age. Age can also be a problem as some players on FIFA start to drop after age 29 which is unrealistic as many players are still at their best and even better around that age and a player should start to decrease after age 33 or 34. These problems need to be fixed as well.

Drop in game during simulation - We should be able to drop in a game if we're losing during simulation. Also be able to make substitution during simulation this would make it better.

Other game modes - If you can add a game mode where you can be an owner of the team like my League from NBA 2K18 would be amazing and would make it really fun.

These are the problems and suggestions I've deal with in FIFA games and I'm sure there's more but please consider our problems and make way more changes and improvements in the game.

Message 1 of 6 (276 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problems and suggestions for Career Mode - Beta was a disappointment

★★★★ Novice

1) I agree with the youth team league. I also think we definitely need more dramatic celebrations once we achieve winning big tournaments, like World Cup, Champs League, Premier League / Serie A, etc.

2) And ceremonies for Best players of tournaments(Atleast world cup) - similar to Fifa WC - Golden boot, golden ball, silver ball, bronze ball.

Ballon d'or.

3) Also 'Drop in game' during simulation is a much needed. we don't want to necessarily play every match but should be able to manage substitutions at least and if possible drop in games.

Also if we don't want to play match, at least we could still be able to view match as a cpu vs cpu, and control our team's substitutions / tactics like manager

4) About training, I don't agree to have attributes +1 quickly as it is more satisfying to see players develop over long term and more realistic. But some of the top players should not lose attributes due to age just like real. Some of them do well till 34-35. Not everyone should start dropping after 31. But training and attributes gain / loss should be bit like real life. Also not every young winger who is 75 should go up to 85/90, but some should.

It'll be nice to have the last change for attributes, but the ones mentioned above - points 1-3 are long overdue for some of us who buy game every year to enjoy the career mode.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (217 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Newbie

Thing i would like in next fifa career mode.

How about stadium building, i usually start with lower league teams and try and get them to premiership, when i arrive i have a rubbish stadium, also would be good to be able to set ur own ticket prices to gain more money for transfers.

Better stats, i was playing mlb the show, and they had real player stats, so how many consecutive games the player hit a home run, longest time without hitting, would be great if fifa had this, try and beat arsenals invincibe season  man utd treble and individual player stats, most goals in a season try and beat shala's 30 plus prem goals etc.

Training, how about being able to do a training session with all the players 5 a side matches to warm them up.

Better commentary to your achievements, i won europa league with forrest green in league 1, commentators were so bland didnt even comment on the massive achievement that i had done,

Think i will be giving this fifa a miss untill at least they sort some of the issues with career mode, hopefully many of you will do the same untill ea sort it out, i have already contacted ea snd said that i wont be buying it for the reason that career mode has not changed in years, hopefully some of you will do the same so that ea can sort it out, was lagughing when i contacted them to tell them that they had no new features for career mode, the guy replied and said we have champions league this season, i replied and said you had it anyway just not the logos, that was the only new additoion to the career mode so sad.

Message 2 of 6 (263 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback, I've passed it on to the team.
Message 3 of 6 (246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1) I agree with the youth team league. I also think we definitely need more dramatic celebrations once we achieve winning big tournaments, like World Cup, Champs League, Premier League / Serie A, etc.

2) And ceremonies for Best players of tournaments(Atleast world cup) - similar to Fifa WC - Golden boot, golden ball, silver ball, bronze ball.

Ballon d'or.

3) Also 'Drop in game' during simulation is a much needed. we don't want to necessarily play every match but should be able to manage substitutions at least and if possible drop in games.

Also if we don't want to play match, at least we could still be able to view match as a cpu vs cpu, and control our team's substitutions / tactics like manager

4) About training, I don't agree to have attributes +1 quickly as it is more satisfying to see players develop over long term and more realistic. But some of the top players should not lose attributes due to age just like real. Some of them do well till 34-35. Not everyone should start dropping after 31. But training and attributes gain / loss should be bit like real life. Also not every young winger who is 75 should go up to 85/90, but some should.

It'll be nice to have the last change for attributes, but the ones mentioned above - points 1-3 are long overdue for some of us who buy game every year to enjoy the career mode.

Message 4 of 6 (218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko @@@@@ Thanks please do we really need a change as the past FIFA has been disappointing and hopefully for the new FIFA this isn't the case and we can see hopefully the best FIFA game on Career mode and other modes other than just Ultimate team

Message 5 of 6 (201 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko EA definitely needs to focus on career mode and pro clubs for FIFA 19 because many players like us only play Career Mode or Pro clubs
Message 6 of 6 (178 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help