Premature Draws in C&C Rivals

by aecinjin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Premature Draws in C&C Rivals

★★ Apprentice

Just got my first draw. Although the last Tiberium patch has been mined, I had over a thousand tiberium in the bank, while my opponent had less than 100. This is because I had been killing his harvesters. I was forced into a draw, when I easily could have beaten him with all the extra units my banked Tiberium would let me build!

Please, please change the draw conditions so that a draw is not forced until both players have too few minerals to build anything. Perhaps there could be an inactivity timer as well.

Also, there should be a prominent countdown warning before a draw is declared.

Message 1 of 13 (871 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Premature Draws in C&C Rivals

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya guys,

Thanks for your feedback and thoughts on how draws currently work in Rivals, especially adding a countdown timer for those who are unaware that the match is close to being a draw. I'll pass along your thoughts, and feel free to continue discussing whats good/bad/indifferent about how draws currently work Standard smile

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (963 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Your situation is exactly why the Mammoth Tank and Avatars have their level of power/cost.    You get to that situation where you crushed harvesters but the enemy defended their base well - you get to pull out your game-finisher.  And in general - if you watch some - SOME- of the TIb league games you'll see 1 expensive unit in the tech tree splashed in - Basilisk being the other big one.

That being said a countdown wouldn't be bad.  I'd like to see it up to 30 seconds ahead of time - I think it'd freak a lot of people out.  Winner goes to who has the coolest head.

But as far as working with the system - always try and get a little chip damage in - Wins in draw go to whoever did the most damage - so hitting their base even once will give you the win if he forgets to do the same.

Message 2 of 13 (850 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for writing. I actually was pulling out my game finisher when it forced a draw. At the very least, there needs to be a draw countdown notification, for sure!

Message 3 of 13 (842 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I really don't see what the problem here is. It does not matter how much or how little Tiberium you have - this game is won by destroying your opponent's base. If nobody manages to do that after a certain period of time (I think it's 8 minutes currently), then it's a draw. Simple as that.

Message 4 of 13 (835 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Read the OP, I had plenty of Tiberium to finish him off, and probably could have moved faster if I'd gotten notification that my time was running out. That's why it matters.

Also, in most games a draw is considered an undesirable outcome for both players; it is much better to have a clear winner. If C&C Rivals was simulating a sport, a timer would make perfect sense. But it is simulating combat, which IRL doesn't go by a timer, it goes until one side falls. By making the draw-condition slightly more complicated (inactivity timer instead of a simple clock timer, or don't start the timer until both sides can't build anything), they would greatly improve the game. My $0.02.

Message 5 of 13 (827 Views)

★★ Novice

I totally agree, I just got  a draw from a match I pushed forward and would have won.

I saw a count down but only as my last missile launched thought nothing of it other than maybe it had  count down in the last missile so players could reach it before launch.

The missile was launched at the time the counter hit 1 and I still lost, that seems a bit stupid.

As also stated combat games do not have timers other than each round of that match, like boxing.

If the game was to be limited to a time frame maybe 10 minuets not 8. Those 2 minutes can make a big difference as I said my missile launched as the count hit 1 and the base is seen to be blowed away let I still lose. 1 second would have won me my deserved victory.

I hope it gets changed, to either a 10 minute play or until no one can really build any longer. My opposition had more tibrieum than me to start with but I ended up getting more and him hitting pretty much 20 tibrieum.

I'd show my clip but I don't know how or to where to send it.

Maybe I'll do a screen recording and send that video

Message 6 of 13 (781 Views)

★★ Apprentice

To find your replay, touch your user ID where it appears on the lower left of the home screen. Then go to match history. Then scroll back in time to find the replay.

Message 7 of 13 (763 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

He knows how to find replays. Everyone knows how to find their replays. He is saying he doesnt know how to post it/ show it to us.

Message 8 of 13 (745 Views)

★★ Novice

Indeed and I just got the file small enough to send, started to send then the site says its too big still.

Ill try to add this screenshot

Message 9 of 13 (738 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yeah you were about to win!
Message 10 of 13 (729 Views)