Predator Tank

by wth1016b

Original Post

Predator Tank

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

GDI has no war factory units that can effectively combat nod's swarm of attack bike and cyberweel

Predator tank is unacceptably slow and is often buried by lots of attack bikes even with heroic charge. 

GDI has no effective counter to fast attck bike. Grenadier is slow as fxck. This problem has been long lasting and you deserve to have no one to buy new units coz the old attack bikes are way too strong.

Message 1 of 14 (774 Views)

Re: Predator Tank

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Most meta players replaced the Predator Tank with the Orca.

The Orca moves fast and can slice thru Attack Bikes.

Message 2 of 14 (757 Views)

★ Guide

Rocket Squad opener would wreck this pretty easily. And microed Tanks actually do wreck that as well.

This is like saying GDI has no infantry early counters to Chem Buggy...

Message 3 of 14 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@wth1016b wrote:

GDI has no war factory units that can effectively combat nod's swarm of attack bike and cyberweel

What about the Pitbull? For good measure, throw in a Missile Squad.

I agree though with the Predator Tank being really slow. I don't see many of them these days. This is a fast game, thus slow units may struggle to find a good place.

Message 4 of 14 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Pitbull kills any bikes wheels chembuggies

Extremely effective if you do overlapping

Message 5 of 14 (735 Views)

Funny. I was just going to make a thread asking who uses the Predator tank. I’ve tried it. It’s too slow for me. Way to slow. It only works for me when people don’t move their units around and park them on the pads. But if they move their units around, it’s useless. 

About the only successful person I have seen is a person that goes by the name of Alicia Destiny.   When it’s used, it is used in conjunction with the healing drone accompanied by infantry and and other units to protect it parked in front of a person’s base while the missile is charging. It becomes OP at that point since it’s protected and is constantly being healed. 

Who here uses it and if so, how are you successful with it?

Message 6 of 14 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI I used to have predator in my deck. But fkin orcas kept destroying it. So I said „Fine!! I use orca myself!“. And so poor predator got replaced by orca.

Then later I figured out that orca is for suckers, and now I am using mohawk. Mohawk is basically a flying tank, so I actually like it more than orca and predator. And it‘s rather cheap.

Message 7 of 14 (721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Why not saying the healing drone is OP instead. It makes an immortal armor force.

Message 8 of 14 (690 Views)

@xrmiao4 Cuz it isn’t. You can easily shooting one down with air.
Message 9 of 14 (677 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It’s hard when it’s hidden behind, other ground units will block you 

Message 10 of 14 (672 Views)