Re: Pre-ordered Ultimate Edition and have Origin Access?

by gunner1st

Original Post

Pre-ordered Ultimate Edition and have Origin Access?

★★★ Newbie

I am really confused, I want to play BF1 on October 13th. I pre-ordered BF1 Ultimate Edition and got Origin Access in hopes to play it October 13th. In my Origin client, it states, "Windows pre-load date: October 14, 2016 10AM PDT"

Why can't I pre-load this on or before October 13th? I have Origin Access, and it's not giving indication on being able to play it October 13th. My client also states, "Windows release date: October 17, 2016 9PM PDT"

Is this a bug? Or am I suppose to cancel my pre-order and only have Origin Access?

Message 1 of 6 (705 Views)

Community Manager

@schassis_eddi Hi, there's no preload for the Origin Access trial.

However when the trial unlocks on the 13th it should just override the pre-load date and let you start downloading. 

Thank you for the implicit feedback to show trial unlock times, I can see how this could cause some confusion.

I take it that the rest of your Origin Access content is working as it should?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (695 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, why says "Windows pre-load date: October 14, 2016 10AM PDT"????? we need to start to donwload the game a few days before release on October 13.

Message 3 of 6 (673 Views)

★ Apprentice

Be aware that it might mean that you;

1. get access 13, but only for that hour or 2 the trail lasts. 2. Then you will only have access again at the 18, like the early enlisters.

Thats what I think.

Otherwhise you would get access to the game 5 days before the ones paying hefty for 3 day earlier. And cheaper, way way cheaper.

Message 4 of 6 (661 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The way I understand it is you can download the trial version on the 13th regardless of the "October 14th preload date" and have 10 hours of gameplay until the 18th for early enlister or up until the 21st for standard. So for me I get 10 hours trial time and on the 18th it opens up to unlimited because I have early enlister

Message 5 of 6 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

To download or play BF1 via Origin Access, you have to Origin/Store/Origin Access/Play First Trials, there you will see BF1 Available Oct 13

As far as most players are concerned they should have done a preload by now for Origin Access ! ! ! Nothing yet. So it looks like everyone under the sun will be downloading on the 13th, and we can look forward to to download and server problems, as EA has NOT learned anything.

Message 6 of 6 (643 Views)