Re: Pop cap wants to know the 3 variants to buff/nerf via twitter (link inside)

by XMalakhX

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@FarQM8

If you play them right? What is 'right' to you?

If you play the Imp right you should be able to beat every plant, in that case. Same goes for Super Brainz and Scientist. That's why they need nerfing...

@XMalakhX

I really don't know why you like Sunflower so much, her days are over. The only reason a few people win vanquish master with fire flower is because she's probably stealing a whole bunch of kills with the burn damage, because it isn't like the player is killing full health zombies with that trash primary weapon. The rate of fire allows her to hit many zombies, run and hide tactics mostly. Instead why not just play BBQ corn? Instead of pointless healing abilities you get Husk Hop, Shuck Shot and an extra 75 health. You can light zombies on fire with him and get high up to kill Soldiers.

As a Sunflower, you need a bodyguard everywhere you go. One who jumps in front of bullets for you...you know as soon as a Scientist warps in on you its over, at least with Husk Hop you can counter one. I hate Sunflowers near me when I'm playing, sometimes stupid revives just get them killed, or me double killed due to the glitch where you can't move. Only Sunflowers and Scientists are capable of that Standard smile

Message 61 of 108 (700 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

What if they kept sunflower's powers as they are but gave her 200 health, would that make her decent?

Message 62 of 108 (681 Views)

★ Pro

@tristkiss

Sort of, but I would much prefer her to get some sort of absorption shield ability that mitigates 75% damage like Turbo Twister and Barrel, for a similar duration. 200 health still gets them killed to ZPG, Turbo Twister, a few more shotgun rounds etc, you'd never kill them in defence with that much health. 

Message 63 of 108 (654 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sunflower should definitely not have 200 health, but she should have more health than a Scientist. I think the sweet spot would be 125 just because she's so easy to kill and her hit box is massive so she's really a walking critical hit. You could argue 150, but I wouldn't go any higher than that.

What she really needs is more offensive capabilities, I keep saying it but a Sun Orb ZPG attack would help her out immensely if she ever needs it in a pinch. Otherwise a reverse heal beam which drains a Zombies health when they get close in the vicinity of it. Sun beam is amazing for defensive modes, but she needs something else, 

If she's meant to support the team then she definitely needs more survivability as well as being able to hold her own.

Message 64 of 108 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Zaheen1337     I play as the Sunflower because that's just who I like. I don't play the OP'd character of the month like so many people do. Although I have played as BBQ and had great games with him. The Corn in my opinion is not that great. BBQ is good because of the DoT, but all of the others are not. He's very big, and in my opinion very slow.  But anyway....

Isn't it strange how all of the Plants are like giant walking heads... Seriously, there like a constant critical hit with the way they were designed. Citron is a giant head with legs and so wide, that any zombie class can hip fire him from any distance and hit every shot and they're all crits. That's why I don't really like Citron. Plants finally get a 200 HP character and he's a walking broadside of a barn. I like peashooter, but again, he's a giant head with tiny little feet. He's a walking crit spot. Rose has a giant head. Sunflower has a giant head. 

The zombies definitely have normal heads... Except for the Imp who is weirdly shaped lol. But he's just hard to hit in general.

Message 65 of 108 (624 Views)

★★ Guide
@Zaheenl33t play the class for its strengths, imp is fine doesn't need nerfing not that hard deal with, super brainz electric needs a nerfing on travel damage but rest is fine and some scientists need a nerf on there close range dps, sunflower probably needs a little buff same as rose and yea, depends alot on the team to.
Message 66 of 108 (612 Views)

★ Guide

Just 3? I believe there are more than three variants that need work. 

1. Imp 

2. Super Brainz

3. Captain Deadbeard 

Message 67 of 108 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I played the epic 25 games of team vanquish last night, and the end result was zombies 21 to plants 4. Zombie teams were comprised of imps, Super Brainz, and scientists with an All-star here and there. This is a pretty good indicator of which classes need to be nerfed. Take your pick on which plants to buff. Roses are almost useless now except in Turf takeover, sunflowers are just one giant target to shoot at, Citrons are a huge hitbox, Chompers are a one and done vanquish. Cactus have no way of getting on top of anything, so they aren't much of a sniper class and they're primary weapon is pathetic at close range. Kernel corn and some of the peashooters are the only real sustained threat to zombies at the moment. I usually play later in the evening when the kids are all done and the better (level 600+) players come online. I see really good players struggle with plants, and just dominate with zombies. I play both sides equally and these are just my personal observations and opinions.
Message 68 of 108 (582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am certain that I will be viewed harshly for this statement, however I believe that it would be nice to see the imp have a more flexible choice for play style.

I find that when playing the imp I really enjoy the run and gun, gunslinger type play, and not so much playing in a giant mech that makes me a big fat target. This is based on my personal play preference and I am sure others enjoy the current mech aspects that were designed. 

So I feel it would be optimal if you could have a choice for the Y skill (xbox one). A choice that allowed you to pick between being a weaker class with less health/dmg and possess a powerful mech, or a more powerful character(dmg/hp) that could perhaps summon an a.i. mech that targets anything in a specific area that your aiming at for X number of seconds, a strafing run or whatever it may be for developers with creative license and balancing to consider.

That however is more of a class redesign than a buff/nerf request, so feel free to blast me for it.  I just feel as though the majority of the time on the imp is spent waiting for one skill to pop up that is then a mediocre experience for me as a player and frustration for my opposition. Id rather have 3 full skills that are more flexible and a more enjoyable character 100% of my time, than spend 90% of my play time waiting for a skill to pop up to do crazy damage for 10% of the time.

Message 69 of 108 (570 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Agent Pea needs an un-nerf (not necessarily a buff). Just put it back to where it was in early GW1. There's no reason why it should have less close-mid range damage than a scientist while having the same health yet no ability to heal.

Message 70 of 108 (556 Views)