Re: Poor WiFi performance

by TheAbishai

Original Post

Poor WiFi performance

★★ Guide

After the latest update I'm constantly getting disconnects when on WiFi. I'll get better performance over 1-2 bars of 4G than full strength with the high-end router I have. I've tested and none of my other apps or devices have connection issues over WiFi.

Anybody else having this problem? I've had to start switching WiFi off when I play.

Message 1 of 16 (1,190 Views)

★ Apprentice
Since the last update I have been getting low wifi notices more regularly, though I've only been disconnected a couple times. I play on a tablet and only use wifi. Also, I now get a message when I start the game that says something like not optimized for this device (which I never got before).
Message 2 of 16 (1,140 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @iLikeToSnipe21 and @TheAbishai,

Thanks guys for the report. Just wanted to touch base and see if you were still experiencing WiFi lag?

Message 3 of 16 (1,106 Views)

★★ Guide

I'll try playing a few matches today and tomorrow on WiFi, have had it off for now.

Message 4 of 16 (1,098 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_dance210

Very first match with WiFi on, game lagged out about halfway through and then I wasn't able to purchase any units.

Message 5 of 16 (1,090 Views)

★★ Guide

Performance seems to be better with WiFi off. Not dropped matches at all when I'm on cellular.

Message 6 of 16 (1,080 Views)

Thanks @iLikeToSnipe21 for testing it out and getting back to me. We're looking into it now to see what can be done.

Can you tell me what device you are using and what the OS version is, please? Also, could you send me your PersonaID - you can find it in Settings - About.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 16 (1,044 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ya ive noticed that issue as well even when i have full signal with wifi i keep seeing "poor connection" im wondering if the other player is doing something that might cause this as well 

Message 8 of 16 (998 Views)

Hi @punishertrd,

The WiFi lag is a known issue that we're looking into. If you're still experiencing it, can you send me your PersonaID? Thanks!

Message 9 of 16 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

WiFi Poor Connection on Galaxy S7.  Keeps disconnecting then reconnecting several time in one match. 

# Dr0pSh0T47

Message 10 of 16 (879 Views)