Pleases fix this EA

by chastainBOMB

Original Post

Re: Pleases fix this EA

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya,

Thanks for your feedback everyone; I will pass it along. Would you want the 'follow attack' to be a default option (e.g. always follow when given an order to attack) or a special attack option?

Message 11 of 26 (812 Views)

★★★ Novice

Honestly, a default please. That way we know that the unit we tasked with attack will complete that mission unless otherwise directed. If you had the option to turn it off and on that would be nice too.. thanks for being so responsive and interacting with member and gamers

Message 12 of 26 (797 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Hiya,

Thanks for your feedback everyone; I will pass it along. Would you want the 'follow attack' to be a default option (e.g. always follow when given an order to attack) or a special attack option?

default! we don't have any other special attack option, do we?

Message 13 of 26 (783 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Nope. But default could also mean that your unit could potentially follow the enemy unit off the missile platform.

Message 14 of 26 (774 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Nope. But default could also mean that your unit could potentially follow the enemy unit off the missile platform.

then that is where strategy and microing comes in. I still believe default is the way to go. While special attack options would seem cool, to complicated in terms of gameplay.

Message 15 of 26 (767 Views)

★★★ Novice

A default would be awesome... 

Look, let's keep it simple , going back to my original post, and reason for starting this thread. 

If you tell YOUR unit to attack another, then YOUR unit should attack even if that unit being attacked moves... hence a follow default setting.. I want my attacking unit to follow and continue to attack...

Now, if you unit is on a tile, and starts attacking it will not leave it tile unlea you tell it to attack.. there is a difference... defensive attacking, and offensive attacking...

Please make follow a default setting

Message 16 of 26 (759 Views)

★★★★ Guide

But then when you manually change target, it inevitably changes from defensive to offensive

Message 17 of 26 (744 Views)

★★★ Novice

Good idea, agree to change an attack command to follow and attack. 

@xrmiao4 wrote:

But then when you manually change target, it inevitably changes from defensive to offensive

key point, and potentially adds some interesting scenarios with baiting stuff off platforms: if you attack with 2 types of targets in sequence then the defender is faced with the choice of leaving the defending unit attacking the first thing that comes in range, or manually switching to 2nd attacker it might be a better counter to, but then it could be drawn off platform.

Message 18 of 26 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think the game needs a feature that determines each unit stance, like aggressive, territorial, neutral and passive.

Agressive would chase units that attack it, unless told to stop. Territorial will chase the unit for one tile, then return to its original position.

Neutral will attack but won't chase, like how one leaves a unit on the pad and the enemy tries to lure it off the pad and then surround it.

Passive is different compared to the rest, it will try to flee from the opponent, and if applicable to another pad. Useful if you are using a rifleman and out comes an enemy shockwave trooper.

Message 19 of 26 (711 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

How about this:

Selecting a unit and then double tapping an enemy unit forces your unit to „lock on“ to the enemy. If a unit is „locked on“ to another unit it will attack the target, but if the target flees, the unit will chase after it. Units stay locked on even if other units are selected. Only way to cancel the lock on is by issuing a different command to the lock on unit. A lock on is highlighted by a different colored path (you know, the white line on the field, but now it has a different color).

Like my idea? This way we don‘t have to add any options to the menu and both functions (current behavior + lock on) can be in the game.

Message 20 of 26 (705 Views)