Please make Standard Issue Rifles Available by Default!

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Please make Standard Issue Rifles Available by Default!

Champion

It's difficult to find custom servers with Standard Issue Rifles (SIRs), or Back to Basics servers that have them. I'm hoping that these rifles can be made available to all servers by default. Right now, there's also an issue with custom servers where having SIRs will cause the medic's rifle grenade to become unavailable for some reason.

I'd like to get service stars on all of the SIRs.

Please look into this!

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 7 (1,630 Views)

Re: Please make Standard Issue Rifles Available by Default!

Champion (Retired)
I've basically given up on back to basics mode. I've never been able to find a game running it, even if the server browser says it is. Hoping they improve on this in the new game
Message 2 of 7 (1,612 Views)

Would also like to have them available on standard servers too, and not just on these rented ones which have set it up seperate.

But i guess we won't see that change anymore.
Cause we have just one more big Update in front of us, this June. After that, the BF1 support will be basically over.
So the Teams can focus more on Battlefield V.

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 7 (1,586 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @SterlingARCH3R Thanks for the report. 

I have sent this on to the team for feedback. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 7 (1,562 Views)

At least about the Tanker/Pilot Weapons we know already, that they'll be able to be used by the Assault/Support classes soon too. (June update)

Already tested in the current CTE Update.

Message 5 of 7 (1,545 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree with you on this big time. Having these rifles as a standard was one of the things that drew me into the game. I am a die-hard Battlefield player, but I never come across a game where the game focused on The Great War (WW1), and being able to use the M1903 Springfield was my great anticipation. However seeing it as weapon only to be played in BTB servers was like getting the finger in a fake present, it pissed me off. I got over it, but I still feel that playing the other variants of the rifle in the standard servers wrong. 

I just hope that BF5 doesn't have the same problem. Same can be said about the "sweet spot" mechanic as well.

Message 6 of 7 (1,443 Views)

@TXWolf25

BFV will not have a sweetspot for Snipers anymore. Standard smile

And also the Weapon customization will be different to BF1.

In BFV we don't have 3 different versions of one Gun like in BF1, it'll be more like BF4 with adding your own attachments on the Weapon. So you should be also able to play with standard (no) attachments. Wink

Message 7 of 7 (1,431 Views)