Re: Please explain

by orochi_snk

Original Post

★★★ Guide

High Pings are the reason. Since the game is so cheap it's even worse now. Ping restriction is the solution but that won't happen. It be great if it was a option though.

Message 11 of 17 (797 Views)

@illinois1977 wrote:

High Pings are the reason. Since the game is so cheap it's even worse now. Ping restriction is the solution but that won't happen. It be great if it was a option though.

So what you're saying is, even if I have 20 ping on a server, other players with high ping will affect latency, causing these hit registration issues?

Message 12 of 17 (771 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As explained here, these phenomena are due to the PING or LAG of the game, with the difference that only affects players who are having some damage interaction. It usually happens to projectiles that are slow. You can experience this if you and a friend select Tank Commander and Iron Citron. If they are placed at a reasonable average distance and both start jumping from one side to the other while firing, they will notice that sometimes the damage of the attacking player does not reach the player who is supposed to have received the damage, even though the attacker shows it the successful damage message.

Message 13 of 17 (703 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@orochi_snk wrote:

If they are placed at a reasonable average distance and both start jumping from one side to the other while firing, they will notice that sometimes the damage of the attacking player does not reach the player who is supposed to have received the damage, even though the attacker shows it the successful damage message.

You describe something different. I am well aware of the typical lag scenario of an asynchronous event. Were both sides have positions of themselves and their projectiles but only one set of data is declared valid. This leads to these time shifts were one side, and sometimes even both sides see things that don't actually happen. I even had this in some extreme scenarios during  the recent Taco matches, were a moving Pea Shooter got directly hit 4 times by my Tank Commander, and it needed a 5th direct hit. That was 65 x 5 to vanquish a character that has 125 HP. But it was also a moving target while i was on the move as well. Which brings me back to the ZPG shot:

A ZPG always flies in a straight line to infinity and the target was not moving. If this would have been a typical lag scenario it would show a direct hit with 150 dmg on display, but the target would still be alive. 

ZPGs are extremely glitchy when it comes to lag. I had lots of them hit me despite going past me or even after i was behind cover. But at no given time did a direct hit from a straight forward shot  just deal mid-air splash damage (60% of 50 equals 30) on a stationary target.

Message 14 of 17 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
All the time with chompers and soilder leaps and jumps. Most, if not every time a chomper even burrows near me my jump/ leap does not work and I get chomped. It will make the sound but will not work. I've also been chomped in mid air several times in the past.
The leap, jump and scientist warp will randomly not work. It will make the sound but nothing happens except for me occasionally running into the wall of a house I'm trying to leap onto. Certainly makes for amusing gameplay.
Message 15 of 17 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I played a lot as Hot Rod Chomper. While in the processing "digesting" the zombie (2 digestion upgrade), trying to move to avoid the attack, when I thought I able to start running, bite/goop and repeat nasty actions,  I got dizzy feeling/view since everything seems in a slow motion, nothing really happening, the bite doesn't do damage, goop doesn't stick, and after few seconds of boxing with zombie GHOSTS, I suddenly I become THE ghost (die).

Message 16 of 17 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

yes the lag in the past 2 weeks let's say period, is getting worse, what i had noticed when playing with Imp, and when i tried to activate the ''impkata'' a tons of times it wont do that spinning or whatever is called, just would spin like one time and is getting up like you pressed the button ''3'' two times, since i play on PC. Then when playing with any of the Pea variants it wont fire the Bean bomb, just you'd hear the sound effect like is fired.. but nope.. i'm just hoping that this won't continue with this awkward lag

Message 17 of 17 (565 Views)