Please Allow Foundations To Be Removed/Changed On Additional Lot Structures!

by Nuke615

Original Post

Please Allow Foundations To Be Removed/Changed On Additional Lot Structures!

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, 3 game packs, abd 6 or 7 stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is not a bug, it is a design issue
What happens when the bug occurs? n/a
What do you expect to see? n/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a detached 2 car garage on a lot....by default, any structure I build on the lot will have a foundation the same height as that on the main house.  It would be nice to have the ablity to eliminate or change foundations heights on seperate structures on the same lot, without it applying to every structure on the lot.  As you can see in this screenshot, the foundation adds so much height that the basketball backboard cannot be reached by sims if placed on the garage itself.  I also tried to build a small pool house, but the foundation issue made the structure too large as it required stairs.  Hoping some day the ability to change these foundations heights individually will be available.

Message 1 of 14 (1,116 Views)

Re: Please Allow Foundations To Be Removed/Changed On Additional Lot Structures!

Hero

@Nuke615

Feedback/Feature requests can be posted in the game info forum, hence I moved your post here.

Please stick to actual bugs in the bug forum

Tagging @EA_Mai to see this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,109 Views)

Re: Please Allow Foundations To Be Removed/Changed On Additional Lot Structures!

★★★ Guide

I was trying to just post a thread

Message 3 of 14 (1,104 Views)

Champion

@Nuke615, its alright.  @crinrict was just trying to help both you as well as people who have an actual bug. Angel The foundation height being the same on every building on a lot isn't a mistake that EA made, but a choice they chose to put in the game.  It is always best when you have a question or comment to post in the right section in order for the right people to see it. Standard smile  I agree that having the same height on all buildings in a lot is troublesome.  Disappointed  I hope they will change this feature! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 14 (1,075 Views)

★★★ Guide

crinrict has helped me in the past.  I was trying to post the thread: not the bug report.  But it is not easy to navigate to the right place from the main page (it says make a bug report or ask a question).  Do I just post something like this in the main discussion thread for The Sims 4 I assume?

Message 5 of 14 (1,070 Views)

Champion

Ahh, so you just clicked on the wrong thread!  It happens to all of us! Embarrassed Large smile  You could post in the main discussion thread for The Sims 4, but I think the Sims 4 PC Game Feedback would be better. Wink  It is found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback .

But on this EA Answers HQ site, this section "Game Information" in the Sims 4 area is the best place to post this kind of request .

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 14 (1,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Nuke615

There are several forums so here's a short explanation what is for what

1. Game Information: Any feedback you have on the game as well as just general questions (building or game play) about the game go in here. This forum is usually read by the CM and they can forward all your feedback to the team (they're not always posting saying so though)

2. Tech (console and PC): All technical issues (incl. mod issues) you may have with the game. This forum is mostly maintained by your fellow Simmers that try to help you with your issue to solve. CM also read and help here and you will occasionally see a QA person answer if the issue is really strange/uncommon

3. Bugs: All bugs you encounter in gameplay or build mode. Check the list first if it was already reported. This forum is regularly maintained by me and read by QA

4. Mac forum: Everything concerning Mac issues that are more technical and probably unique to Mac as well. Bluebellflora is doing a really great job helping all our mac players.

Hope that explains this although some issues aren't always clear in which forum they belong too.

There's also the official forum of course but that's where it gets really complicated. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am kind of a perfectionist...thus so much CC Wink I so wanted to mount that basketball board on the garage, as this home is a close copy to my childhood home.  And that foundation on the garage irks me.  Lowering the foundation eliminates my porches. If I had the option to paint/wallpaper the foundation to hide its presence, that would work for the visuals.  

Message 8 of 14 (1,060 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Nuke615,

No worries, thread is were it belongs now Standard smile

Thanks for sharing your feedback on how foundations work and why that's a problem for you. It's now added to my 'feedback to forward' list Wink

I'm not sure what you were trying to build for the pool, so I understand it might not work for your idea - but have you considered using fences instead? 

And I was going to add an explanation on what each forum is for, but @crinrict and @PugLove888 were faster than me! So I'm just going to leave this link here, as it might help: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

Thanks again!

-Mai

Message 9 of 14 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

For the pool I wanted a small pool house......with just lockers, toilet, shower and sink...a changing room for the pool area.  I ended up putting a public restroom (the one with lattice) in the place I wanted the pool house.  That is the size of the pool house I wanted to build

Message 10 of 14 (1,048 Views)