Players should be able to reconnect

by iTormenTu

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Players should be able to reconnect

★★ Novice

Players should be able to reconnect to game in progress with your friends, if you get disconnected from them. Like in PUBG

Message 1 of 5 (530 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Players should be able to reconnect

While I agree regular multiplayer could use a reconnect feature, I think it should be left out of Firestorm simply because it is technically a more competitive mode and I'm sure people would find ways to DC and then reconnect in their favour (ie, cheat).

The best they'd probably be able to currently implement is bumping you to the front of the line if there is a queue; that won't exactly solve the issue of starting back at 0, but in the end, stats don't really matter that much in BF - it's all about that PTFO

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (462 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

How often do you get disconnected from the match, @iTormenTu? We understand the reasoning by it, but if you're able to fix the root cause of the problem you wouldn't need a reconnect feature. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (492 Views)

★★ Novice

There can be many reason for anyone getting disconnected and I am not suggesting to fix my end of the problem. Like in my message, when the player does get disconnected in a game or match, the player should be able to connect back into the game and continue with keeping their points and kills. Look at CS:GO and PUBG. They give the option if you, want to continue the game where you got disconnected. If my memory is correct, I believe Battlefield 2 was able to reconnect and the player got to keep their kills and points, within a time limit.

For example. I got disconnect in Firestorm, after wiping out a squad. I receive no errors and connected back within 5 secs, but I couldn't continue to play with my friends match. They were able to get to the end and won the game, in which out I missed out in kills, points and win. Not very enjoyable, very disappointing for me to not able to get back in game with my friends and celebrate the win.

Message 3 of 5 (466 Views)

While I agree regular multiplayer could use a reconnect feature, I think it should be left out of Firestorm simply because it is technically a more competitive mode and I'm sure people would find ways to DC and then reconnect in their favour (ie, cheat).

The best they'd probably be able to currently implement is bumping you to the front of the line if there is a queue; that won't exactly solve the issue of starting back at 0, but in the end, stats don't really matter that much in BF - it's all about that PTFO

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 5 (463 Views)

Community Manager

@iTormenTu 

I can agree with you that it's incredibly frustrating to experience when something like that happens. I'm aware it's available in other games and how your character can remain still until reconnected. It's a great feature when you need it. We're not aware of any plans to implement it right now but appreciate the feedback around it. 

Hope you can stay connected in those tight games and if you ever wanted to try out some connection troubleshooting if it progressively gets worse, hit us up!

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (447 Views)