Re: Players better cheat detection any improvment?

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Players better cheat detection any improvment?

★★★★ Novice

First let me say i could not care less, if people want to use cheats, sometimes it will even improve a game, i use cheats in the old Doom to spawn weapons and such, but i do have a problem when, i keep getting rammed by a Volvo or Golf while driving a Corvette, or Lambo, it ruins my game enjoyment, when some people wont post entire names (not allowed) like this dude D4

Now no question about him or her being able to drive and drive well, but it seems its much more fun to make sure to ram repeatedly every player in his way, without doing any damage to his or hers Car but making mine and other go up in flame, those guys i hate, so you can drive and you use cheats but why the Need to ruin every ones game doing so.

This Guy is by no means a 1 timer, i see a lot of Racers doing stuff not normally possible BUT they do it without ruining my game and your game so i really do not care i do not win every race, because i am having fun.

So what measures have you taken to keep cheats to a minimum, and let us enjoy the Game, or have you not taken any action and just use the "code" from the current NFS and thats that.

I have per-ordered the latest NFS and really hope i did not make a mistake by doing so and buying the "maxed" out version, because i would really like to get value from by purchase and not having to get mad about those who think its a demolition Derby

Thank you   

Message 1 of 10 (4,379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@kimkl

We do take cheating seriously and take all feasible measures to prevent and detect players playing unfairly.

Having said that, we do not make public any of our anti-cheat methods as keeping this info secret helps prevent circumvention of those methods.

Thank you for your understanding.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,441 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@kimkl

We do take cheating seriously and take all feasible measures to prevent and detect players playing unfairly.

Having said that, we do not make public any of our anti-cheat methods as keeping this info secret helps prevent circumvention of those methods.

barry.png
Message 2 of 10 (4,442 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Other players running into me while i am racing in annoying and one of reasons i hated the always online feature of NFS 2015. I use cheats sometimes but i avoid using them online as that is unfair and i rarely find online interesting to me

Message 3 of 10 (4,317 Views)

★★ Expert

@kimkl  You know the cheaters always find a stupid way to break down N.F.S. racing games.

I personally can't stand cheaters on any level! 

They should all be banned for even the least violation! 

Message 4 of 10 (4,257 Views)

★★★ Guide
The basic problem is just one, the difficulty of pointing out misguided players, poor staffing in responding to our needs, and more, at least I refer to Need For Speed ​​No Limits, but I do not think there is much difference.
Message 5 of 10 (4,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@B69_BLVD69 wrote:

@kimkl  You know the cheaters always find a stupid way to break down N.F.S. racing games.

I personally can't stand cheaters on any level! 

They should all be banned for even the least violation! 

Yea your spot on with that, the only problem with bans are that say someone one my street is also playing NFS i know someone that do play nfs on my street, in my Town we all have Fiber Optic installed, and here comes the problem our ICS uses Nat because of the shortage in ip4, so if by chance someone else on my street, cheats get banned i could at some point end up getting that ip4 when Nat is in effect, to explain to those who do not know what Nat is ill explain short and dirty

First there are 4 billion ip4 worldwide, and they are all spent, so what to do simple, take your Router at home your home network prob uses (mine does) 192.168.1.100 as starting address

My PC has 192.168.1.204 my other PC 192.168.1.203 and so on, its the same our ICP does everyone in my town has the same ip4, HOLD ON THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE yea it is with Nat when i go online to play or fb whatever the NAT give me a "fake" ip4 in order for me to connect to anything so if my ip4 is 5.255.255.255 (just an example well my neighbors also have the same IP4, i know this for a fact because i complained about having a 500/500Mb fiber optic but my latency is 8, that means the time it takes to send data to and from 8 is to much who wants to sit and wait 3 -5 sec for a website to open it should be instant, so i complained and was told i was on a shared ip4 (Nat) and he who do a release renew and get me a unique my very own well that lasted 1 week after a FW update on my Router i got kicked back into the shared wan group

Normally Nat works just fine but everyone one my street has a high speed fiber optic most have 250/250mb and we get out TV phone IC over the Fiber it creates a bottleneck

okay not short sry and not 100% correct but you get the idea, a Ban on my street could result in the whole town getting a Ban,

But i will be happy if i can play without getting con prob to server everytime i do fancy driving and the 360 controller is giving the server serious problems well mouse and keyboard also oh yea and wheel 

okay rant done, but look up nat if you want to know more, why my ICS has not switched to ip6 a 16 year old tech now and has enough ip6 for the entire milky way i can't figure out  

Message 6 of 10 (4,240 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@kimkl

lol okay not laughing at you but just the statement, ill bet 1 mill bux that if you release a beta your new cheat measures will get cracked, when the game goes pre public, everyone who knows where to go will be able to cheat, well thats life, but some sort of report player system so if i see a volvo overtaking me in my lambo or some fubar kid starts jumping on my roof yea has happend a couple of times, normally my game crashes if i am lucky it just explodes, so a report player ingame, would be nice you must have a logging system on your server so if you look at the logs and sea yea that kid is fast or that volvo has some serious temper, ofc that method has one bug if your hit from behind by a fubar kid your car can give a false reading, and its not always your car explodes i have been sent flying by a car hitting me like Thor's Goat's getting a lighting bolt stuck up where the sun don't shine, but if the players gets repeated reports from others you can bet its not Thor yanking a bolt up its pipe

Thank you

Message 7 of 10 (4,232 Views)

★★ Expert

@kimkl  Hey thanks for the information..I found it very helpful.

The other idea is E.A. could just place a tempory ban on an account say like one week maybe then.

E.A. could increase that ban time each time the person cheats...but the person never gets a full ban.

If what you say is true regarding  NAT for your computer address by your router number.

Hopefully, this might be a better option to deal with trouble makers who cheat.

Message 8 of 10 (4,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

in 2 years there hasn't really been any improvement. I am running a fully tuned Lamborghini Aventador , and im getting squashed by an rx7, the earlier models. this just doesn't make sense to me as to why an rx7 is faster than a super car like the aventador. its logically impossible. when the rx7 can only do a little more than 200 km or 130 mph, and the aventador can hit well above that. even when stock. So if there driving isn't better than mine, why is there car not only faster but also undamaged. when we so called trade paint. I don't mind the trading of paint. its a street racer, but i dont see how a car that can barely do the speed limit, can go faster than one that already is at track level speeds. there is no logic to it. I want a fair race with my peers but never seem to get it. I get either the hotshots that try to hard and quit in the middle of a lap, or i get cheaters that think they are above everyone else. Its just like driving in real life everyone wants to be freaking first its annoying. If i feel that a person isnt having fun or has had a hard time. I would seriously pull my car aside and let them win. I wont for a cheater. 

Message 9 of 10 (3,888 Views)

★★ Expert

@TakumiKyzer 

You have to keep in mind this is Ea and they really get the cars all wrong when it comes to horsepower!

Plus, remember all the past EA NFS games same continued problem!

I fully agree this should not be like this in the game!

We can also blame those Cheaters in the game!

EA & Ghost Studios seem to allow some kind of back door code in the game for cheaters! 

This frustrates me as an Honest player who really frowns down on Cheaters in the game!

Yeah, I fight them, cheaters, too, and wish they could just get a flat tire as I scream at my PC screen....LOL 

Have a good one man!

Message 10 of 10 (3,857 Views)