Re: Player salaries going up

by SolitarySkill

Original Post

Player salaries going up

★★★ Newbie

In franchise mode for nhl 19 I’ve noticed every year that all of my players (except for the ones on two way contracts) salaries have been going up a petty large amount higher than what they were signed for. For example i have yanni gourde who was signed at 5.166 at he start of the season and now his cap hit went up to 6.44m a year quite a large amount of money and making it rather impossible to keep players signed as this happens to all my players. Adam Larson is also on my team and was signed for something around 4mil at the start of the year and he’s now at a cap hit of 5.2 mil. This didn’t happen for the first 1 1/2 months I’ve had this game before now. It’s rather stupid and is making my franchise mode awfully difficult as I had players signed to a certain amount and planned everything and then all of the sudden it goes up by a far million cap hit. Any solutions?

Message 1 of 3 (530 Views)

Players will always ask for more money the longer they play for a team and the better everyone does - it's to make sure you are properly managing your team and switching things up from time to time.

Playing without any caps makes things so much easier

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I understand that however that’s not what I meant. I’m saying I already have signed them to a contract let’s say at 5 mil a year for six years. Now he’s locked up for 6 years at a cap hit hat shouldn’t be changed because contracts can’t just change because the player is worth more after the year he signs. Anyways, after the end of that 5 mil cap hit season and after the draft when I look at my contracts his cap hit has gone up from 5 mil to 6 mil which is not what I signed him for and shouldn’t be happening. Anyways it makes the game pretty much unplayable and absolutely terrible.

Message 3 of 3 (502 Views)