Re: Permanently banned origin account for violation of 'TERMS OF SALE'

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Permanently banned origin account for violation of 'TERMS OF SALE'

★★★★★ Novice

I'm writing this in advance to getting a response from the slowest support team to hopefully find an answer to this ban before I get an auto response email with no information on it.

So, yesterday I was unable to login and when I checked my email, EA has told me that there was a violation in their user agreement or terms of sale. I guessed that this was the result of a conversation with someone in the support team about a gift card that was claimed but never received in FUT.

I have read the entire terms of sale + rules of conduct and they don't have any rules on buying from third party stores, only if it were to be involved in a criminal offense, which it is definetly not. I also haven't said anything offensive, didn't use anything to cheat and best of all, I even gave up on the $20 gift card since I was just being sent back and forward.

So, riddle me this EA. I haven't broken any of your rules, yet my $100+ account with an 187 squad has been permanently banned without any reason at all.

Do not respond that it is a private matter because it clearly is not and I'm pretty sure you can just answer it here as well.

If anyone reading this has had the same thing happen to them feel free to contact me.

PS: Devendra I hope for the sake of your job that you didn't ban me for trying to get help with a failed redeemed code.

Message 1 of 12 (4,608 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @SetBlock_F.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (4,581 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @SetBlock_F.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (4,582 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thank you for responding.

I have sent an email through the contact us process yesterday right after I received the ban. Is there any way to check if I did it the right way?
Message 3 of 12 (4,567 Views)

★★ Novice

I got banned 3 weeks ago because my account was hacked, still haven't gotten a response... I hate to have to say this, but don't get your hopes up. 

Message 4 of 12 (4,559 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@tyguy2222 Damn, I hope we both get unbanned because this is just unfair
Message 5 of 12 (4,543 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all, the best thing to do is to be patient and keep an eye on your email for a response from the TOS team.

Darko
Darko.png
Message 6 of 12 (4,490 Views)

Can you get permanently banned for using a fake name in support contact?

★★★★★ Novice

So it's like week 5 of me trying to find out why not only my fifa, but also my origin account got permanently banned. Support team never gives information as to why I was banned but just says I violated the user agreement. The only thing that I was able to find that I might have 'violated' (big exaggeration) was impersonating someone else, because I have reached out to support with a fake name because I thought it wouldn't matter. Therefore my question:

Is this something that I can get perma banned for or is it something else?

PS: EA, if there's 1 person that should be allowed to know the reason behind the ban it's the banned user. I'm starting to suspect that you're trying to hide the reason because there is none...

Message 7 of 12 (4,223 Views)

Re: Can you get permanently banned for using a fake name in support contact?

Community Manager

Hey @tyguy2222 when the ban was placed on the account an email would have been sent to the registered email on the account with details of the ban.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (4,170 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Everyone with a false ban has been patiently waiting several weeks or even several months with no response in sight. The same issue has occurred with my account. I have been banned for over a month with no response from EA TOS except from the twitter EA help account telling me to wait patiently. This is a serious problem that has spun out of control in the community with hundreds of account being banned with no reason given what so ever. Especially with some users having spent money on this game.
Message 9 of 12 (3,995 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @cpt_obs, you will need to wait for our TOS team to respond to your appeal.

There is nothing more that we can do to assist with any TOS related issues on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 12 (3,963 Views)