Re: Payback Micro Transactions?

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Payback Micro Transactions?

★★ Expert

I was doing some research came across this today.

However, I will admit first and upfront I was recently happy to read Ghost Studios

got the message from the consumers to stop manipulating fans.

Ghost Studios said they will be moving over time to this new system away from microtransactions. 

They are only in phase one the article said of this change and are looking for feedback too.

I'm not sure just yet but hopefully, this happens sooner than later. 

https://gamerant.com/need-for-speed-payback-loot-boxes/

Have a great day:eahigh_file:

Message 1 of 3 (754 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @BLVD69 

Just wanted to point out that the article, which you've linked, is one year old. We're not planning to implement any changes to the micro-transactions in NFS Payback, as it was already mentioned in text as well.

The team is focused on the next game Standard smile

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (743 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @BLVD69 

Just wanted to point out that the article, which you've linked, is one year old. We're not planning to implement any changes to the micro-transactions in NFS Payback, as it was already mentioned in text as well.

The team is focused on the next game Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 3 (744 Views)

★★ Expert

@EA_Ataashi 

Your 100% correct and I didn't see that short oversight when reading the article was one year old.

However, since you pointed out my honest mistake here.

Please accept my apologies here.

I would like to ask however why these changes then never happened for the game? 

The new system based options Ghost was intending to do would have been a better option for people on low budgets.

If Ghost was going to do this, to begin with, why did they instead keep the Micro Transactions? 

I realize at this point it really doesn't matter since a new game is right around the corner soon.

Have a wonderful day. :eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 3 (737 Views)