by Si1entman

Original Post

Re: Pay to win

★★★★ Guide
correct
Message 11 of 18 (642 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Half is the perks of showing support and financing, half is basic engineering. To all you who gripe about this, if you are playing for free. Deal with the fact you are getting sunk with people who actually want to support EA and drop some cash. Give it time and those players will trickle up to a point where they will run into other P2P players and you will stay with the freebies, or build your units enough to complete. There is also so much meta strategy that can get over level gaps. If you are thinking in levels, you lost before you even played. this game is STILL IN ALPHA! many balances need to be implemented, you should feel lucky to have been invited to play in the first place. now you * at the opportunity to help fine tune a game and give input? *waggles shame finger*. It takes time in engineer, code, and fix bugs. they could "roll out all the patch fixes" which would be incomplete and probably cause more Greefers than they have right now. If you really don't like it, don't play until they got the bugs fixed. Which, while still in alpha, probably even in beta, will exist. If you wanted a finished product, this wasn't the point to start haha. They are doing what they can. I understand unplayable game errors being frustrating. "Give me free medals for doing nothing and not supporting you" deserves no sympathy. You wanna play for free and win? Join a clan, ask for cards, min/max your strategy, attack the HQ and their harvesters before they can build their big card units. There is so much field to play with, use it. 

Message 12 of 18 (625 Views)

★★ Novice

Earning some beermoney for Google Play credit would help with this microtransaction fiasco. I did this before in Tiberium Alliances to get free TA Funds by doing 3rd party surveys, install apps, etc.

Message 13 of 18 (608 Views)

★★★★ Guide

yes i know how the gaming industry works im not dumb.  all of us in here are stating that the game is unbalanced and caters to pay to win players.  anyways EA doesnt need support from the players in this game all this game is a pretty much free revenue for this with minimal updates if at that yes i do know that its a alpha but that doesnt give them the right to mess it up already before plays get a chance to open play the game 

so please stop drinking from the tip of EA.....

Message 14 of 18 (585 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Revenue always dries up, and if they dont cater it may not be tomorrow, it may not be the next day, but sooner or later the company will dry up. Its their choice to make. I understand that balance is an issue and you are justified to talk about the imbalances. Im stating that alpha and imbalance are pretty much synonymous. As much as adding actual capital compared to no capital into a game is imbalanced. A player can still get max level troops and strategy playing free. It just takes more time, and many losses. Its like atching professional paintball, People complain when someone brings a 2000 dollar gun onto the field, but the person who bought the gun acknowledges that he has a advantage, because he invested in better gear. There is not really a way to get donations in a game without giving an edge on free players. However, given long enough and with enough skill, a free player can climb to the top of the ranks spending no money. Dont expect to see that happen over night though. In ANY game out there. Some people spend money to skip content. Playing RTS for decades, i dont need a introduction into strategy and how units work in tandem. I want to buy a small pack here and there at strategic levels and moments to up my game and streamline the experience. At the same time 8 bucks comparitive to a 60 dollar game is fine to me if its something i see myself playing a long time. Most people spend 60$ on a AAA title. If anything, its a blessing they allot people to play free at all. They could cut out the middle man and give you everything from the start, but then you gotta compensate them for their work. Would you play this game if they charged you 25 bucks to play?  This is the first EA game i have played in quiet a long while. Im nowhere near drinking a tip. I just understand commerce and recompense. Every strategy has a cost, in game and out of game. If you cant afford the cost, you dont get the unit. yet, it is completely fair to protest and i understand, realistically, that it is the way to make a company change their incentive. So protest all you like, if the masses agree, EA will be choked for money and will die out in a few years. If not, then it seems your voice, your anger, your want for control over a company you dont even want to pitch 2 bucks to, will destroy a company that doesnt cater to its players. Only time will tell. 

Myself, im satisfied with the experience that has been presented to me, for a mobile game it has much potential, I prefer to stay optimistic and hope that EA will do whats best for EA, and thats make a game people will want to download. 

Its on the right track, and until its "official release" I will give patience. 

Heck, Te game was dang near unplayable for a week for me, but the last patch fixed everything.  It as frustrating, but now i find the ability to play twice as enjoyable. Even free things come with a cost. Just takes a certain type of person to be willing to accept what costs they are willing to pay.

Message 15 of 18 (573 Views)

★★★★ Guide

well thats good for you but i keep loosing hope for this game everyday how they only patch the game every 3-4 months...and dont even fix the unbalance issues only add pay to win stuff 

also with the connection issues that are all over this game i dont think they will ever have it ready for the public 

Message 16 of 18 (536 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Guess only time will tell, I prefer to have faith. Better to have trusted and been betrayed than to never have trusted at all.

Message 17 of 18 (530 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ya this game isnt going to go very far from what i can tell ive been playing EU players now and i shouldnt have to and they should be in US servers 

Message 18 of 18 (407 Views)