Re: Pay to win

by Si1entman

Original Post

Pay to win

★★ Novice

With the new update players can buy into units that I had to earn, to make fair matches you have to now consider the levels of the units in the army list. This unbalances the game.

Message 1 of 18 (1,519 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Si1entman,

We are definitely committed to making sure that matches are as fair as possible! If you haven't seen it yet, we've talked about our upcoming Rivals Fairplay features, which are designed to make battles fun and competitive Standard smile

Message 2 of 18 (1,488 Views)

★★ Novice

That's looks like it wont fix the issue I am running into right now and someone will run into in the future. I have level 6 units from playing the game. They have level 7 units from spending money. I therefore have more metals than they do, but unit for unit theirs are better. So if I lose that match I lose a lot of metals, however if i win i don't gain a lot of metals. This is the problem that fair play doesn't even address. It looks like it makes the extreme even worse. Challenge matches against someone who bought their army will be unfair to the person with the higher metal count but lower unit level. 

Message 3 of 18 (1,478 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the additional information. I see where you're coming from and it's good feedback. The Rivals Fairplay features, including Challenge Matches, are still being tuned so we can take your feedback into account when finalizing it. Challenge matches look at both the unit level and medal count though, so that may help prevent it from being unfair for the high medal count player.

Message 4 of 18 (1,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The only thing I can think would be fair, is to base metals lost or won on unit level and base damage. Ie if I lose a match but his base is a flame hit from also being destroyed. I should lose no metals. It was a close match they they ecked out. Same for the win, i should get minimum metals for winning but almost losing my base. Metals are great for tracking progress but shouldn't be used to determine how many metals I get from a match. Use them to help matchmaking but compare battle results to determine what is gained or lost.  If you need more time to tally play a graphic so the player has something happening while you tally.

Message 5 of 18 (1,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

As a fyi most of my troops are lvled to 8 but I lvled most to 7 before the store opened up there are several factors that affect the lvl the big one is keeping the crates rotating every 3 hours and maxing out the match coins daily I try and get the cards in the store daily if I need them or not so basically I just got from 7-8 with the stores help 

Message 6 of 18 (1,358 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ya pay to win isnt exactly the greatest way to win over players esp with a legacy game like CnC 

what will happen is that this game will turn out exactly like starwars 2 and it will make players more angry with EA

than they already are. 

Message 7 of 18 (1,311 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Remember people the main reason for making this game is to make money it's the pay to play people that finance the free to play there is a middle ground and the fair play thing is the best middle ground I've seen before complaining about pay to play y'all need to wait until this game is finished before you complain

Message 8 of 18 (1,298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

no i shouldnt have to wait to complain about an unbalanced game that if you pay you most likely to win i just played against someone who was a pay to win person and i get robbed bc im not going to dish out money for a mobile game 

people who pay to win need to be set into there own bracket so to speak so other who grind in the game with others have a fighting chance 

Message 9 of 18 (1,285 Views)

★★ Guide

If EA had rolled out Fairplay, pay to play, medal compression, etc all at once I wouldn't be complaining. But they didn't, leading to terrible matchmaking in the interim.

Message 10 of 18 (1,280 Views)