Party symbols

by TomSpeedy180

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Party symbols

★★★★★ Guide

I was wondering what all these symbols meant. I know the bag is for that sims career, and the puzzle piece is for that sims hobby, but why are some blue and some gold? Also, is the purple dot on my sim special? I assume it means that my sim is in a party, but I'm not sure. Lastly, does anyone know which items from the science center careers are interactive during a party?

party symbols.png

Message 1 of 6 (2,313 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Party symbols

★★★★★ Guide

I tried finding that out a while back and found a few different answers. It's either that the host has all of the hobby/career items out to use or you get career points if it's yellow or... it's a career related to the party theme. I guess like a sim with the cooking hobby or chef career would get more xp at a foodie party or a sim in the dj career would get more xp at a concert party. I haven't actually thought about it while at a party so I'm not sure which is actually true.

The purple bubble is just on the sims that have gone to the party. For example, if you send two sims to the party only those two sims will have the purple bubble.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,298 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

I tried finding that out a while back and found a few different answers. It's either that the host has all of the hobby/career items out to use or you get career points if it's yellow or... it's a career related to the party theme. I guess like a sim with the cooking hobby or chef career would get more xp at a foodie party or a sim in the dj career would get more xp at a concert party. I haven't actually thought about it while at a party so I'm not sure which is actually true.

The purple bubble is just on the sims that have gone to the party. For example, if you send two sims to the party only those two sims will have the purple bubble.

Message 2 of 6 (2,299 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It seems to be as @dancerlma454 said.  You have the briefcase symbol underneath if that sim has a career related activity at the party and a puzzle piece if they have a hobby related activity at the party.  It is orange if it is an activity that will earn actual advancement points in that career/hobby, otherwise it is blue.  

The purple balloon appears in the upper corner of each sim's picture that has already attended the party.

Message 3 of 6 (2,289 Views)

I'm curious as to what the red dot next to a party means. Lol, wouldn't it be great if EA had a symbol guide so we didn't have to puzzle things out by ourselves?

Message 4 of 6 (2,173 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@thecakeisaLIE82 That little red dot is letting you know that the party is the new one. You likely only see the dot the first time you open the side menu after seeing a red notification dot letting you know something new is in your messages/parties. Once you close the side menu and reopen it the party won’t have the red dot anymore.
Message 5 of 6 (2,057 Views)

Thanks for the explanation @GrettaInTheSun, that makes perfect sense. 

Message 6 of 6 (2,045 Views)