Party Frustration

by thecakeisaLIE82

Original Post

Party Frustration

I'm getting mighty fed up with my party situation. First of all, I still don't have access to my party chat. That means, I can't see the list of people attending, I can't talk with them, and I'm pretty sure my guests can't talk with each other. This has been going on for months now. I've put in a help ticket and haven't gotten any sort of response. 

Now I'm presented with a new problem. I started a party today, and for a while I was unable to see any guests. I know they were there, because the progress bar went up and up. At about half an hour in, I was finally able to see a few guests, but I only get them 5 at a time. And each time I log out and then back in I can only see the same 5 guests. How can I give out stickers to guests I can't see? Also, I have no idea if my guests can even see each other.

Since I can't talk to my party guests in game, I'd like to apologize to them on this forum. I'm sorry I can't give you any stickers, I hope you all get enough stickers from each other.

Message 1 of 9 (718 Views)

Re: Party Frustration

★★ Guide

That's awful, @thecakeisaLIE82!😱 I mean, we host parties to meet with people, but who do we met if we cannot see anyone there!? My 4th sims always missing in every party, and I cannot see some of my guests sims. I thought that was frustrating enough, but what you experienced was on a different level. I don't know how parties are managed in the game, but it really needs a fix. 

Message 2 of 9 (691 Views)

I've noticed your chat not working. So yes others don't have working chat either.
Was the help ticket a bug ticket?
Do you notice any difference if you would play on mobile internet or on someone else's WiFi? 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 9 (667 Views)

@Phantomlover1717 Well, a while ago I posted my chat problem and player ID to a thread about party related problems. I truly can't remember the title of the thread, sorry. I didn't want to create a redundant bug report on this forum, so a while later I sent a bug report email through EA/The Sims Mobile Help website. I have not received any response from that email.

I work from home, so I am rarely off my own WiFi. I can try to play using my mobile data when I throw my next party next Saturday to see if it makes a difference. But if it were WiFi related, wouldn't it only effect me, not the other players who attend my party? 

Message 4 of 9 (640 Views)

@thecakeisaLIE82 when posting a bug report to EA you won't get a reply. I'm not sure why they opted to not reply on these types of request.

I think it would be good to try mobile internet, there might be something is blocking your parties from fully starting.
It's good to test and make sure it's not on you end Tongue out

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 9 (607 Views)

@Phantomlover1717 So it turns out you were right. When I switched over to mobile internet instead of WiFi, the party chat feature started working. When I went back to WiFi, it stopped. So what do I do now? I would like to be able to chat at every party I go to, and using mobile internet all the time is not an option. How do I get my chat working again in my WiFi? 

Also, thanks for helping me ans figuring out the problem 😊.

Message 6 of 9 (543 Views)

First easy thing would be rebooting your router. 
If that doesn't help it might be either the way your router is set up or an issue with your ISP. 
Maybe your ISP saw a lot of party traffic and thought it wasn't good traffic and blocked it. 

I'm going to dive a little deeper in to it, but need to use the sleep first.

For now you could try contacting EA or your ISP with this information, see if they have any good ideas.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 9 (527 Views)

Wow @Phantomlover1717 thanks for your help! I really appreciate it. I'll do as you suggest after I, also, use the sleep (haha!).  I'll let you know my findings.

Message 8 of 9 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]

Tested some stuff, found the port used is 443. Which shouldn't be blocked. You could request a new IP address from your ISP see if that might fix the issue (you might be able to force one by unplugging your router for 5 minutes or 9 hours, so before you go to bed).
Or maybe you have some who is good with computers, or maybe you are, who can check your connections. 

Other things you could try (thanks @EA_Lanna)
- Do a Speedtest: https://beta.speedtest.net/apps/mobile (let us know what the result is) 
- Put the router closer to where you're gaming

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 9 (497 Views)