Re: Parties--suggestions for future updates

by Yndesent

Original Post

Parties--suggestions for future updates

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

First things first, I suspect this is going to be pretty long, but I'll try my best to be succinct where I can be Standard smile

I've been playing for about 96 hours, and in that time I've gotten to host my own party once, and attend about 8-10 parties of others so far. (I know about the 2 party/daily limit, but sometimes I'm able to visit a couple of others during the server time change). I've got some thoughts about the party events, since they're one of the few ways that you can earn Super Sim tokens, and how they might be improved.

1. As a host, you should be able to end a party early.
I completely get the intended purpose of the 24-hour party (to let all time zones have an opportunity to participate), but would it be possible to automatically set any party that reaches level 10 on a countdown timer to end in three hours? Considering how many people are experiencing a party level reset glitch, that might be beneficial for all involved, both host and guests.

2. As a guest, you should be able to leave a party, even if that means forfeiting rewards.
The very first party I visited had zero decoration, zero guests (besides myself), zero items to interact with, and a completely absentee host. I ended up using two cakes just trying to get the party to level 1 by constantly talking to the host because there was quite literally nothing else to do. It took going to three other events for me to realize how much valuable cake I had wasted on the first party, and I think that ultimately the host only started to interact for themselves in the final two hours! A "cancel" button would have been very welcome at that point.

3. There needs to be other opportunities to get party cake.

10 points of party energy isn't a lot, even if you are fortunate enough to go to a house where there are several higher-end group activities to help you get more party level points. In the past 24 hours, I've sent my sims to 4 different parties. They have gotten "life of the party" status at each one, but only once has one of them received a slice of cake, which means that they aren't much good for helping a party's level beyond 1,000 points or so. Of course, I understand the burden lies with the host, but again with parties glitching, levels being lost, and guests having no energy left to help out, it can be a discouraging prospect to try to work out. A couple of times I found that my Sims' energy level reset to "5" after several hours, but that isn't consistent and I suspect it's a glitch, as well. I think that a piece of cake available for purchase at the coffeeshop or restaurant for simoleons would be a great idea.

Thank you for listening! I really am enjoying the game so far, just needed to get that off my chest. Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @miater23,

Sorry for the time it took me read but... a very detailed and well explained piece of feedback, thanks for sharing it!

I'm a bit confused about point number 2. You can leave a party whenever you want by pressing the car button in the bottom left corner and selecting where to go.

Party level shouldn't reset anymore, is there any other reason why you would like the option to end a party early?

Thanks again!
Mai

Message 2 of 6 (523 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi there Mai, thanks for replying Standard smile

With point no. 2, this may come down to a programming issue for me. Because there was nothing to do at the party but constantly talk to the host, I kept logging into the game to be pestered by a message suggesting that I send a friend request, which I didn't want to do by that point. But of course because our acquaintance level was fairly high, I just kept getting more messages about it until the party ended. I would have really liked an option to not be associated with that party by then, if for nothing else, to make the messages stop.

Not having parties glitch anymore is very welcome, please tell the developers thank you!

Message 3 of 6 (504 Views)

EA app Team
Thanks for taking the time to write the additional details, @miater23!

As you mention you had tips asking you to send a friend request - was this during the parties tutorial?

-Mai
Message 4 of 6 (465 Views)

★★★ Guide
I don’t believe it was. This happened post-tutorial and seemed like the regular “poke” you get when your Sim has had a lot of positive interaction with a non-mutual player.
Message 5 of 6 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also would love to be able to say "no wait, not this party!" after arriving. If we only get two per day, it's always very annoying to arrive at one and discover the host is totally unprepared and has no idea how to level a party. It would be great to be able to tell the game to act as if I never visited that party, and select another. I could see limiting this option to once or twice per day, to keep people from hopping around looking for only the very best parties, but there are times when it's obvious almost at once that this particular party is unlikely even to get to level 2.

Message 6 of 6 (437 Views)