Palpatine vs other heroes

by felker_s

Original Post

Palpatine vs other heroes

★★★ Pro

I've been playing Heroes vs Villains to boost the remaining hero characters to lvl25, and I noticed that the Emperor is just totally useless against any other hero. Is this just me being a noob? Or am I right when I say his basic attack has no damage whatsoever? Even if I get the drop on another hero, they turn the tide easily, even from 50% health.

Message 1 of 9 (1,384 Views)

Re: Palpatine vs other heroes

EA DICE Team

Hey @felker_s what cards are you using?  You can attack while jumping, it is a good tactic to use. Don't forget to kite and use stun/root in correct way to burst people down. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 9 (1,375 Views)

Hello @felker_s

Palp is by far not weak (at least in GA he is very strong). You should try to always stay on the move. Jump high and dodge twice and then jump high and repeat. While in the air you can shoot lightning at your opponents. Be sure to press both left and right mouse (if you are on PC. I don't know the combination for the consoles) to shoot lightning from his left and right hands. 

Palp is able to multitask, so you can use his chain lightning and both hands lightning at the exact same time, capable of one-shotting every single trooper (except for enforcers). The animation for the stun lightning takes too long in my opinion, so never use that if you are under fire. Only use it if you catch the other heroes off guard.

The middle ability (dark auro) can be used to your advantage if you activate it while going towards enemies, but don't use it while in a fight.

Palpatine is by far one of the strongest heroes in the game, capable of incredible manoeuvrability, complete health regen without making any kills (with a certain star card) and very high damage output. Once you master him, you are unstoppable.

Message 3 of 9 (1,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yes, I can use him very well in Galactic Assault, it's the HvV I'm having problems with. I know about the jumping tactic, and I'm using both hands (why is it even an option to use one?), it's simply that the general lightning attack seems very weak against heroes - or I'm not hitting my target enough. I'm using Lighting Absorption, Surge of Lightning, and Lightning Reach, all rare tier - so yes, my build is rather for GA. I've also thought about using the card that reduces the stamina drain, because that also happens quite quickly.

But I've also noticed the same thing vice versa, rarely has a Palpatine player killed me in 1v1, even if he used all his abilities, regardless of which hero I was playing as.

Message 4 of 9 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
I've noticed on occasions he doesn't actually drain health when your using his attack this is clearly bug and yeah you end up as cannon fodder. When his two hand attack is working fine he is very deadly. I often fight of any combination of Rey, Luke and Yoda at any one time you just have to time your dashes and jumps to make sure your not caught in their saber lock. It's trickier with blaster hero's as you need to try and maintain some cover but I find Palpatine can practically drain either Chewbacca or Han Solos health in one stamina gauge provided you catch them on a sneaky one and with his chain lightening immediately after you will finish the job. I also use similar cards in hvv except instead of surge of lightening I use in full control and generally speaking find you can top the leader board unless against a team of ridiculously accurate blaster wielders and even then if you have a good game with Palpatines mobility you can give them a run for their money provided you can zap them at the same time.
Message 5 of 9 (1,355 Views)

Champion
How do you kite?
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 6 of 9 (1,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Okay, so look at this, from the part where I start attacking Luke. Something is clearly not working as intended, since he is not blocking - he's not even facing me -, yet there is no damage done.

Message 7 of 9 (1,319 Views)

EA DICE Team

hey @felker_s Can you do a bug report on this issue! Standard smile 

Thanks! 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 9 (1,307 Views)

★★★ Pro

@EA_Atic
Sure. I just wasn't convinced that this was the game's fault. :D

Message 9 of 9 (1,282 Views)