Re: PRO STREET 2018/19 Attept at something new

by Jabberwocky79

Original Post

PRO STREET 2018/19 Attept at something new

★★★★ Guide

After seeing this image on a post on Reedit i thought,this looks so legit but we all know that the next game wont be revealed,even as a teaser until the half of the next year.

But,what if it becomes reality so i decided to put myself in place as a nfs developer.

The game should have free roam with cops,to be clear.

It would be great to have closed legal races at tracks and the city streets but also street racing.

The game should take place at a fictional Tokyo (following the concept of Tokyo Nights). 

The main character should stay Tyler Morgan,where he leaves Fortune Valley for a vacation and ends up racing again in Japan. 

After being the showdown king,Ryan ends up arrested in Tri-City (when in free roam in Undercover,at some point,the cop dispatcher mentions Ryan in custody)

So we need a new Showdown king who took Ryan`s place and is the best racer for 10 years now. 

The competitions should be like in the old game but with speedcross and runner added. 

We need some new characters but also maybe even some returning like Jason Monroe from Payback (Speedcross DLC).

Street racing should be the start of the game where we need to build rep and get first sponsor contracts who specialize for different racing categories (NOS for an example would be drag,Castrol for racing,DC Sports for drifting..etc). 

Those sponsors would be the key for entering the first legal events and first showndown. 

After completing the racedays and finishing the first showdown,new sponsor contracts would be up for grabs. 

If we are talking about cops they should stay ruthless and enter some street races in order to arrest us.

The roadblocks should be like in the classic MW where some of them would have spikes in front of the cop cruisers so they could trick us into failure. 

Regarding the customization,first of all, i want performace parts not cards, also vanity items as default customization options,not via shipments. 

Visual customization from Payback was awesome so we need to keep it going for the next game. 

I suggest adding a bumper/hood removal option, interior customization (rollcage and seats) 

We need dyno back with seeing the car at the dyno backfiring while the calculations are in progress. (would be awesome for snapshots).

So this were some of my ideas for the future game.

wx0fON1SsObh5gUkrNAIo8B-eidMZGs5t6rwLmViHv0.jpg

Message 1 of 11 (2,376 Views)

★★ Expert

@Luka0101998 

Hey, you sure wrote a movie script here, and I will give you some feedback to be helpful.

So let's get started.

1. Loved the idea that the game should be situated in Tokyo Japan.

2.Giving us Performance parts and not Cards

3.Vanity Items as Default 

4.adding bumper & hood removal option I think is in the editor already.

Watch the video link provided to prove my point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u-UHB-Mew8

5. Adding Dyno backfiring while calculations are in progress sounds good too.

6. A better camera system for in-game pictures.

7.I like the roadblocks like MW idea too when the cops chase players in the game.

8.Closed races on Streets and tracks sound good.

9.N.O.S. should have a pre-delivery system in events, every 30 seconds in the event a new N.O.S. is supplied to the player in an event.

10. Power-Ups system needs to be added in the game.

11. Yes work our Rep and build up to better cars and power, but not in a storyline way....do it in a free drive mode on a leaderboard for all online players.

Just like the one N.F.S.World use to have through P-Stats.

12. Have night and day and no Weather in the game!

Now for the sour report of what I didn't like.

1.The game doesn't need to be like The Fast & Furious Movie Vol #3 

The theme of that movie was in Japan, which I liked but the characters were weak in that movie

It was very B-Grade acting to me and the script was poorly written.

The movie was a failure at the box office too.

I can say that because I have college drama acting skills & credits and understand script writing for shows and movies.

For those without the vision of these skills, it's harder to pick up on these faults in movies and shows.

I mean just look at NFS 2015 script was weak and the actors were B-grade maybe even C -Grade in some parts.

The storyline was poorly acted and was a trainwreck.

I don't understand why E.A. cut corners only to end up having a poorly made product?

If  E.A. is going to do a storyline with Scripted actors, then please get some real writers and actors please..not your local theater.

Please make the story shine and make it believable to the viewers E.A...LOL 

2.Drop the whole storyline and replace it with an open world in Tokyo and allow players to just enter open events.

3.Make a variety of discipline type races in the open world map, such as Speed Trap, Sprint, Circuit, Dirt, Cop Evades, & Drag Events, plus  Drift too.

4.However, people could just simply choose what they are interested in doing and not be forced into any event

5.Leaderboards need to come back all based on the time it takes a player to complete an event in each discipline.

This would be the way the community of online players would build their REP.

6.Drop the sponsors, Drop the big commercial ads in the game and bring a clean ad-free game back.

Sadly I realize in today's Big Game Bussiness sponsors have their hands all over game developers to build up revenue.

So most likely sponsors will remain in the game.

7.Having cops come into races, this has been done before in NFS games of the past.

I think this could work only for some people, so I'm going to vote against it.

Many people don't want to be chased by the bubble gum machines after grinding in a race trying to beat other live online players.

I could agree to this only in an offline way, where you play solo and want cops to chase you in a race.

That's the only way I'd give you a green light on this idea for cops in races.

Also, players should have a way to decide how bad to the bone they want the cops to be in the game...listed in settings for the game.

Alright, I think this covers it for me.

Ideas you have are a good start for the most part..but really it all comes down to E.A. and their studio's and contracts with manufacturers.

Games are a made for-profit business as is any company in the world.

So let's keep the wish lists real and base it from a money point.

Regards

BLVD69

Message 2 of 11 (2,330 Views)

★★★ Guide
I would love to have a Prostreet 2! That image is awesome and it captures the magic of the original game.

I didn't mind the lack of free-roam in the original Prostreet, but including it in the next game would be great. The concept of the Raceday and showing the venue with our personal cars in the foreground, the means of selecting the races, that was all super cool about the original and it would be nice to see again.

Could be cool and is at the top of my list for what I would want the next NFS game to be.
Message 3 of 11 (2,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

All I can say is thank god you're not a NFS developer.

I wouldn't mind a new game like Pro Street if I knew Ghost wouldn't mess it up, but that's not how they operate.

Message 4 of 11 (2,310 Views)

★ Novice

We don't need Ghosts to do Need for Speed Pro Street; insisted, remaster the the game and add new cars as well. That would make a good game; and, If EA can make Burnout Paradise remastered; then they can do the same with Pro Street.

Message 5 of 11 (2,224 Views)

★★★ Guide
^^^ Exact same game with fancier textures and newer cars? Nah, I'll pass. I wouldn't mind a sequel with updated stuff that Ghost has done well, but I don't want the same exact game all over again.
Message 6 of 11 (2,200 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Darkria150

Screw that, we don't need another $40 texture pack.

Message 7 of 11 (2,123 Views)

★ Novice

I was just saying like it is. Don't want to make you mad about the idea. It was just a subjection.

Message 8 of 11 (2,111 Views)

★ Novice

But, I will go along with Prostreet 2 OK.

Message 9 of 11 (2,109 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It would be cool if Payback added Pro Street! I mean, closed legal racing and it would be unrealistic cool game and still would not hurt to do a cool drift is now in Vogue

Message 10 of 11 (2,097 Views)