Re: PC Servers Continue to Crash with Various Errors

by EA_Atic

Original Post

PC Servers Continue to Crash with Various Errors

★★★★ Novice

Hello team, 

Here's the situation. For well over a month, our 5 NA servers continue to experience several problems, including but not limited to:

Full server player dump at end of round

Full Server Dump mid-round

Server Restarts without weapons

Server restarts without clan tags (usually indicative of the server dumping at end of round. 

We have 3 East and 2 West NA PC servers. All have been subject to this. 

Currently today, all servers have crashed at least once, and some multiple times. Luckily, they fill back to full with queue within minutes. However, that's a terrible way to have a gaming experience on a holiday weekend (especially one in conjunction with a community event with the Road to BFV). 

AOD BF servers.jpg

As of THIS posting, all East servers appear stable. 

West Servers both crashed several times over the last hour. 

This is a recurring problem, and we're hoping someone can pinpoint the cause. We collect netgraphs as we can of server-crash moments at DICE's request. We are prepared to provide those for anyone that could use them. Attached is one example of one of the West servers crashing just some time ago. 

https://youtu.be/y-5oQptQIrQ?t=37s

Thank you for your time, and I hope the information provided helps resolve the situation - I can't imagine we're the only servers that experience these problems (because that would be an interesting piece of data in and of itself).

Deity

Message 1 of 5 (597 Views)

Hy there buddy @Deity Standard smile

Sad that i can't offer help at this point, but seems like a bigger server issue to me if it happens to more servers. And not just once. Also heard from some other people about similar server issues.

I'm also wondering where it's exactly coming from.
Maybe the EA servers are currently not stabil at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Btw, that might have been better placed in the Battlefield 1 "Technical Issues" section. But it's not a big thing. Wink

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 5 (551 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I dunno brother, it's just where they told me to post it! Standard smile

This is an ongoing, daily issue. We've been keeping as many logs as we can of netgraphs as we get them, but the servers have been crashing (full server dump) with various issues for over a month. Some days are worse than others, and we've found no nexus of events that crash them. Just end of round most of the time. 

So if someone needs more netgraphs, this is an issue that we really need looked into. 

Message 3 of 5 (522 Views)

@Deity

No worries about where it's posted in. Wink

The Game was the right one. (Battlefield 1)
Just for the section itself, "Technical Issues" would have fit better.

Hopefully someone else can offer help in your case.

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 5 (486 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Deity Thanks for the report! 

We are currently investigating this. I don't have any ETA for the moment. 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 5 (434 Views)