Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

PC Player population dying. We need Crossplay XBOX + PC.

by ZUR1EL

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

PC Player population dying. We need Crossplay XBOX + PC.

★★★★ Novice

Microsoft has made this super simple to include PC and XBOX together. We both have the same voice chat communication API's (skype) between XBOX LIVE and PC.  We both have the same drivers and support for the XBOX 360 / XBOX ONE / XBOX etc gamepad.  I don't even have to install a PC driver for the XBOX controller, i just plug it in, or plug in my wireless adapter and I am golden.   

My buddy and I play FIFA18 every night on PC.  We like to play virtual pro's or co-op seasons.  It's taking us up to 30 minutes to get 1 game.  I don't know about you guys but I only have limited time to play games in my life, so I get on the PC at 10pm and want to play for 1 hour, I end up sitting in a game lobby with my buddy hitting the A button every 2 minutes to search for a match only to be denied a game for 30 minutes.  It's crazy that the XBOX One and PC which are so close to each other in the code can't have cross play enabled.  That should be the absolute first Cross play test for EA and after a successful deployment you can consider other platforms.  I know there was a recent article where the Devs were taking notice after Fortnite successfully deployed cross-play.  Please take a serious look at it for FIFA 19.  The PC players would love it!  Thanks!

Also I have read stuff about cheating on PC and etc..  if you don't know, you literally can't ALT Tab out of FIFA18 without it kicking you off-line during a match, so it would make it pretty difficult before anti-cheat measures to even attempt to cheat on PC FIFA, in all the years playing Fifa on PC I have never seen anyone cheat or at least not noticed. 

Message 1 of 3 (98 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC Player population dying. We need Crossplay XBOX + PC.

Community Manager
I've not seen any major issue getting a game on PC, have you and your friend ran through any troubleshooting steps?

Thanks for taking the time to post, I'll pass your concerns and feedback on to the team to look into.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (94 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
I've not seen any major issue getting a game on PC, have you and your friend ran through any troubleshooting steps?

Thanks for taking the time to post, I'll pass your concerns and feedback on to the team to look into.
Message 2 of 3 (95 Views)

★★★★ Novice

depends on what time and what mode. Try co-op division one or two at 10pm-on est. You guys have the numbers and can see the stats. I bet there are 100x the number of xbox vs pc. how many times do you see the “ cannot find a match with the same level of stars warning”  on xbox? Very rarely. I know PC players are a minority but you have to write the game on a PC and you are porting to xbox... Might as well make it so the PC has a huge pool of players to play with and also allow friends who are on pc play with friends who are on console. 

Message 3 of 3 (69 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

fifa-19-player-splash

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help