Re: Online versus....no love.

by bas9403432

Original Post

Online versus....no love.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have played nhl since first nhl on genesis. Love it!
I’m just that casual player who loves a online game when I can squeeze in 15min. So I play 95%, online versus. In NHL 18 online versus is Stripped down and with no love. Its frustrating that nobody seems to have played it on the ea department. So here’s feedback if somebody at ea cares to read.

1. When you are at game setup. You fix your lines and work for a couple of minutes. Then klick “ready team” And then “start game”. If you don’t find a opponent you get thrown out to the “versus hub” and have to start from scratch. The lines that you earlier edited disappeared. Really frustrating, just fix so you end up in game setup so I don’t have to do it all again. I want to have fun playing, not skip playing because of just getting tired of doing it all again.

2. When you klick “start game” I will just get thrown into a game. Could be player with really bad connection or that favorite player who choose to play an all star team. I don’t want to play them, but I must. And if I skip, all bad is on me. Set a 5sek preview before starting, so I can choose who I want to play.

3. In game. I want to change goalie. Not possible....What? Not change goalie, come on. This is just laziness from your side. Do a “on the fly” change goalie so I can do this without pausing, just a number of buttons at the same time. From one line change to another. And this is not ok. I want to change goalie to try to improve my chances to win the game.

4. Change players in lines? Not possible in the live game. Come on. Your slogan 15 years ago was “if it’s in the game, it’s in the game”. Add it to make me happy, I want to change if I have to.

5. Ranking. You have done nothing with online versus since...forever. Add a new form of playing in online versus with divisions. Like you have in “ultimate team”. So I play my online matches but I fight to go to a better division. Also add flags to each player so you see what country that person is from. Then you can add statistics what place your country are at. So you both have divisions and you also play for your country. Then you also have country ranking.

6. If you add “divisions” in online versus” I want long term statistics on each players. Fun to see after 200 games what players that are my favorites and I can also do line changes based on that statistics.

Wish you all a fantastic Christmas!
/bas 9403
Message 1 of 3 (695 Views)

NHL 18 Online versus matchmaking?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Is there a way to see who your opponent is picking before you start? I'm sick of picking an OHL team and getting matched against the Caps or Pens. It's dumb. What fun is it to play the same bloody out matched teams every game.
At least in FIFA the game somewhat puts you in games vs similar teams rating wise. NHL seems to have a horrible matchmaking system.
Message 2 of 3 (654 Views)

Re: Online versus....no love.

★★★ Newbie
Hello, NHL team at EA!
Do work on online versus to nhl 19?
You stripped it down to nhl 18.
/bas
Message 3 of 3 (433 Views)