One of the biggest annoying hooks

by powerlifter450

Original Post

One of the biggest annoying hooks

★★ Guide

Until the FTC shuts EA down sometime in the not so far away future, ill continue to play this game some. I just refuse to spend any money on it. 

If Redwood and EA cared about their customers, theyd change the gold system. Its beyond ludicrous to get all these cards and such small amounts of gold. This wouldn't be a big deal if obtaining enough gold wasnt a challenge. 

Buy gems to buy gold, use the gold to level up. Keep shelling out for diamonds to buy gold. The monetization strategies of games like this and many others is disgusting. Anyway, one arm will remain tied behind the backs of players who refuse to mortgage their houses to make microtransactions.

Message 1 of 8 (499 Views)

Re: One of the biggest annoying hooks

★★★★ Pro

What would be a fair(er) price model in your opinion? 🤔

Message 2 of 8 (482 Views)

★★ Guide
Cosmetics? Sell a full-priced, fully unlocked game? I've made plenty of posts before about how the pricing for the microtransactions are completely insane. The scary thing is that there seem to be just enough of the minority willing to spend thousands on the game that they can make a profit.
Message 3 of 8 (467 Views)

★★ Guide

My question is why cant all games go back to a standard purchase plan? Whatever you charge for a game should be the total cost. We are inundated with loot crates,microtransactions,pay dlc, and so called super ultimate editions, and subscriptions. 

The insdustry as a whole needs a swift kick in the butt. The answer is to go on to other hobbies. I feel video games and other forms of digital media, are a drag on the mental,physical, and financial health of the worlds populations. 

Greed appears to be accelerating about as fast as the obesity and type 2 diabetes problems in the U.S. 

Make one edition of your game. Charge a base price and thats it. When the FTC allows for input on the industry, I will bring all these points up as predatory actions. Ill then put forth the old model of selling video games.

Youll note that people either get quite or angry when you call them out for things such as deceit and obfuscation. The same applies to anything threatening their money.  You will not see major game companies championing my ideas. People who think and act as I do are the anthithesis to their way of business practice.

Message 4 of 8 (448 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes. Please study the serotonin and dopamine pathways. If someone suffers from clinical depression, bipolar disorder, Traumatic Brain Injuries, or ither problems they will spend their last dime on anything if they have become addicted to it. 

Ther problems that can be linked to this behavior are OCD, personality disorders, and a thinning or thickening of various brain areas. This is brought about by genetics and/or disease.

If you can't stop this from happening, the ramifications to that person or their families can be daunting. 

Message 5 of 8 (446 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Who will set himself against money?

Message 6 of 8 (441 Views)

★★ Guide

It depends on morals ethics integrity. Unfortunately, corporations dont have a fiduciary duty to customers the same way they do shareholders. 

I called a woman out once on her multi-level marketing scheme. The products she was selling were overpriced. The ingredients were too low based on minimum effective dose. In otherwords they were worthless. 

I was an elite level powerlifter once and im trying to get back up there. I had a wilks score in the 400s. Today Im hardly over 300. The point is I know lies about supplements when I hear them. I grew up with not football, but FNN. The Financial News Network. I learned about publicly traded companies at a young age. 10Q and 10K reports used to come in the mail. I was an active stock trader and Im a former business owner. Im looking to start another company im a couple of years. 

Theres no honor in stealing from the poor or middle classes. If you want to rob someone, get it from the 1 percent. Money should not be the ultimate goal of any business. Yes, you want profits or you wouldn't be in business. I feel no person or corporation should stoop so low as to use psychology to exploit anyone.

Message 7 of 8 (435 Views)

★★ Guide
I meant to add that the woman said she didnt care. All she cared about was whatever benefit she could get from ripping people off.
Message 8 of 8 (434 Views)