Re: Offline plants vs zombies garden warfare 2

by erifkiputra

Original Post

Offline plants vs zombies garden warfare 2

★★★ Novice
What's the point of having almost everything available offline but still being required to connect to the servers? This needs fixed in my opinion. I'm a little upset that if my internet fails for some reason.... like today because I love in taylorville IL and it's like a blizzard outside. .. I won't be able to play the game I payed $60 for.
Message 1 of 11 (43,722 Views)

All data is stored server side to prevent manipulation, most likely. The world is connected to the internet... not just this game.

Message 2 of 11 (43,696 Views)

Hero

@jkmccly

You need to have the content locally on your harddrive because otherwise the game would require your internet speed to be equal to the read speed of a harddrive if you had to lead all the graphics from a server somewhere. Now you can play the game on very slow internet connections. It also helps the people on metered

As for the game requiring Internet that's what you get when you buy an online game. Nothing we can do about that. It's there in the system requirements in case you are interested:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/plants-vs-zombies-gw2-system-requirements/

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 11 (43,688 Views)

★★★ Novice
But the game can be played "offline". I don't understand the point of having an offline mode that has to be connected to the internet. Diablo 3 did this in the beginning too and received backlash as well as one on the SIM city games. I know of several people that can't play this game because they don't live in town and only get X number of gigs to use a month. It would be easy for them to make a patch to change this. I just honestly find it redundant to make you log into a sever to play locally. I don't care much about playing online but I enjoy gaming with my family at home. Yes I can play this that way but EA is selling themselves short by excluding those who are incapable of having internet. Xbox One was bashed in at E3 over this topic in the beginning. Just saying.
Message 4 of 11 (43,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Plants vs. Zombies ™ Garden Warfare 2: Deluxe Edition can be played offline please help me
Message 5 of 11 (43,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Plants vs. Zombies ™ Garden Warfare 2: Deluxe Edition can be played offline please help me

Message 6 of 11 (43,454 Views)

★★★ Novice

So if I buy PvZ GW2: Deluxe Edition, I can play without wifi? I'm on free trial and my wifi is not very good. I have trouble connecting and I end up wasting some of my free trial.

Message 7 of 11 (37,664 Views)

@TriggerSteam wrote:

So if I buy PvZ GW2: Deluxe Edition, I can play without wifi? I'm on free trial and my wifi is not very good. I have trouble connecting and I end up wasting some of my free trial.

You need an internet connection to play.

Message 8 of 11 (37,647 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The benefit of play offline is you don't need PS4 membership (for multiplayer). But even though you play offline, your profile stored in EA server, that's why the console need to connect server (via internet) to retrieve and update it in real time as the game progressed.

This way if you change console or play on another console, you don't lose your profile and all your progress.

Message 9 of 11 (37,603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

...and that is all very kind of ea etc. But a large number of people out there would like to be able to choose how they manage things. It seems as though and industry that was once all about giving customers choice is now all about restricting choice. It irritates me that I have no my freedom of choice in this matter. Why shouldn't I be able to choose whether or not I go on line to play? (Don't tell me it is because EA know what is best for me - that is patronising and arrogant) 

Message 10 of 11 (20,667 Views)