Accepted Solution

Offline bots

★★ Novice
Will there be offline bots in battlefield 1
Message 1 of 15 (48,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Offline bots

Community Manager

As mention I'm not aware of any plans for "bots" in BF1, but there's a single-player campaign. 

You can find more details on the campaign here: https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/singleplayer

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 15 (59,886 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
Hello
I think no, because if you will run battlefield 1 in offline mode the game will run as Single Player mode. Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline these games have same "effect".
Message 2 of 15 (48,531 Views)

Community Manager

As mention I'm not aware of any plans for "bots" in BF1, but there's a single-player campaign. 

You can find more details on the campaign here: https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/singleplayer

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 15 (59,887 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah short as hell, but what after that? I miss the damn classic with old BFs it was such a cool thing with bots... I see EA and dice thinks about everyone... omg. I dont have time to play this, so I dont have good weapons and Im not as good as others... it aint fun at all if they just keep killing you... Also another thing is that its ridiculous when germans can have enemy weapons and conversely. 

Message 4 of 15 (47,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Agreed, I obviously love the campaign mode and sure, it has some replayability, but after a while, that gets VERY boring.  Offline bots are good for two things.  One, noobs trying to get their rhythm of the game so they don't suck when going to multiplayer mode.  Two, say your Internet connection is out (which at least where I live in the U.S. is quite rare, but still), you can play with bots.  One more is, say you haven't played in a while.  Once again, playing with bots is fun.  I could add one more to that.  What if you just flat out suck at FPS games.  If you have bots, even if people suck, they can play bots, set it to easy and feel like a champ.  I'm not a game developer, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do this.  Can't you just take the AI from the campaign mode and insert it into MP maps with bots?!?!  I'm not a developer, but I do build fix computers.  It would be MUCH appreciated.  For me personally, I'd say if I'm consistent with a game, I 'm pretty good.  I'm not going to be a pro gamer, but if I can stay in the top 5, I'm VERY happy!

Even Battlefront II has a variation of a bot mode and even Titanfall 2, an AMAZING game that was unfortunately launched between Battlefront I reboot and I think it was Battlefield One.  I'm not sure about the 2nd game, but I think it was BF1.  Anyway, had this game been released at a different time, it would have gotten more attention.  I just picked it up for only $25!!!  Titanfall 2 has the best campaign mode in I don't know how many years.  Currently, Battlefield 4 is my favorite game, but I'm trying to get into Battlefield 1.  I have to be honest, I really don't like the WWI era.  WWII, on the other hand, is amazing.  I know, there's not a huge difference in weapons, but at the same time, there was a big enough change between the two to make it noticeable.  

Anyway, got OT, please add bots to Battlefield One.  Most other game developers are starting to do this again, as it should be.

Message 5 of 15 (42,297 Views)

★★ Novice

Do not care about BF 3,4 and Hardline, because where is good single, but for BF1 MUST be offline bots! Single game is too short for it!

Message 6 of 15 (37,429 Views)

Champion (Retired)
BF 2018 is rumoured to have a co-op mode but I highly doubt there will be such a significant addition to BF1 now.
Message 7 of 15 (37,412 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have decided not to buy Battlefield 3 due to no AI. Isn't AI great to practice against? What if the internet or the game is dusted away?  Or perhaps so many people get trolled that they rather play AI who / which doesn't troll or get hysterical that it became a real threat to online gaming. Don't worry, we will be on as it will create a market soon.  

Message 8 of 15 (32,889 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have bought Fallout 4 rather as there are not bot maps in BF# BBD 3 BF4 or BF 5. 

Once the single player is played its not like Fallout where you have an endless array of possibilities the game can take or make especially in Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.  

Message 9 of 15 (32,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yeah EA is training bots so they can avoid hiring players to test their games, they can't afford real people. But forget the thought of having AI battles, like having all operations and multiplayer maps in offline, EA would sooner shut down 3 random game dev studios under their dictatorship than give us anything that is actually good.

IF THIS COMMENT IS DELETED IT PROVES EA'S BIGOTRY AND RACIST-LEVEL HATRED OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

If this comment is NOT DELETED then I take back everything in caps just above... mostly.

HEY. There are bästards in every way of life, no? I'm one myself. I speak my mind, I don't follow any mainstream propaganda.

Message 10 of 15 (29,630 Views)