Re: Nuclear Missile in Command & Conquer Rivals

by EinarThePillager

Original Post

Nuclear Missile in Command & Conquer Rivals

★★ Novice

In Command & Conquer Rivals for iPhone, I controlled all three hexes in a group of three hexes and two other hexes in another group of three hexes.  The enemy controlled none of the three hexes, so why did the nuclear Missile strike my base twice???

Message 1 of 6 (622 Views)

★★★★ Pro

We would have to see the whole replay to say for sure. From the screenshot that you posted, it would look like the blue player should be the one who fired the missile, so the other player's base would have been hit.

Message 2 of 6 (598 Views)

★★ Novice

I was the blue player, but the missile attacked me twice.

Message 3 of 6 (590 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Well that sounds weird. Could you record the replay and show it to us?

Message 4 of 6 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Only 1 Missile Launcher is located on each map, but which player controlls it can shift at any time.

As either Player controls the majority of the Missile Pads, there should be a Horizontal Bar above or below the Missile Launcher that increases ( the color of the Horizontal Bar will indicate who is currently controlling it ).

As the Horizontal Bar reaches its maximum value a Missile is fired at either base, all depending on who currently controlls the Missile Launcher.

Judging from your picure it looks like there must be som confusion, as it clearly looks like YOU ( blue team ) just planted the secound Missile in the red teams garden.

Message 5 of 6 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DeviousIncubus66 wrote:

In Command & Conquer Rivals for iPhone, I controlled all three hexes in a group of three hexes and two other hexes in another group of three hexes.  The enemy controlled none of the three hexes, so why did the nuclear Missile strike my base twice???

Controlling a hex with more than 1 unit is deemed useless unless its the hex that being focused by your enemy. You've rather have 1 unit as your harvester, 1 unit sitting on the hex closest to your base and the rest of your units trying to prevent your enemy from claiming the other hexes. You can prevent your enemy from claiming hexes by attacking their units, their economy or if the missile's about to launch, block your enemy so he'd waste time not being able to stall it.

Message 6 of 6 (536 Views)