Re: Nothing to Make Heroes Unique

by aaronnemoyten

Original Post

Nothing to Make Heroes Unique

★★★★★ Novice

I was thinking about end game where everyone has their characters maxed out and fully geared and realized that there is no other factor to make the heroes unique at all.  They are all going to have the same stats once fully geared out since you don't have any options or customization.  So my end game Vader is going to have the same stats as anyone else's end game Vader.  

What this game could really use is another type of equipment, say weapon/armor/accessory that can have randomly rolled stats so you can build your character to be more tanky, more dps, faster, etc.  This would create a better RPG feel and customization which seems to be lacking currently.  Add an enhancement type feature to buff the stats.  Slots for crystals and other power up type items.  Rare to Legendary type gear.  Gear dropping in server raid type events or single player raid type events.  Possibilities are endless!

Message 1 of 7 (628 Views)

★ Guide

one example i have wanted to share is Jedi Consular and Luminara Unduli. both seem to have "similar" skills/ abilities.

Message 2 of 7 (618 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Custom hero perhaps?

Where we can create on our own, choose side and assign skills based on that. 

Message 3 of 7 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Totally agree with ya, however I was aiming more towards characters stats.  Say we both have Jedi Consulars at 5 stars and same level/gear, there is no way in the game to make them different other than skill level distribution.  We are essentially all playing the exact same game the exact same way and there is no way to customize the game to different play styles/strategies other than swapping out heroes.  

Message 4 of 7 (603 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@mydragoon wrote:

one example i have wanted to share is Jedi Consular and Luminara Unduli. both seem to have "similar" skills/ abilities.

What you're talking about is quite different from what the OP is discussing. He is referring to your Jedi Consular and my Jedi Consular will have the same stats at the end game and is asking for ways to differentiate it.

Well, on the surface both Jedi Consular and Luminara may appear to have similar skills sets. However, it is unfair and seems ignorant to call them similar with the lack of deeper understanding and analysis on the two characters. They appear to be similar on the surface - Both characters has a single target nuke and a heal. But if you look a closer look, they are quite different.

-Consular's single target nuke recovers 20% health of the damage dealt while Luminara's nuke has a 50% chance to deal ability block.

-In current arena system, due to the arrangement of the abilities, Consular will always use heal on turn 1, while Luminara uses her nuke instead.

This two are key differences between the characters and is significant because the usefulness depends on the type of setup you are currently using. If you are going for turn 1-2 burst kill, Luminara fits better and is unique in that role. She will use her nuke first, and that nuke can cause an ability block denying your opponent from using an ability on their turn. It can lock down the healer for one turn (I own her and it happens very often) allowing you to go for the kill on the next turn. And should the burst fail, she has a heal to allow your team to survive for the next chain burst damage (In a burst team). If you put a Jedi Consular into the burst setup, it would be not as optimal. And he does not provide an ability block.

If you want to have a chance at Barriss teams, try an ability block + burst team. You'll be surprised.

Message 5 of 7 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
So, sorta like my suggestion?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Feedback-and-Suggestions/Suggestion-Player-Made-Character/m-p/4820984#U4820...

Edit: I'm on mobile, can't see a quote button and don't know the code for it. But this was directed at bananas2020
Message 6 of 7 (544 Views)

★ Guide

We're more or less on the same page about this issue. Adding an extra system to allow character customization on top of the existing gear/level/ability progression is a great idea.

-Aaron

Message 7 of 7 (516 Views)