Re: Nod is way op when fighting gdi

by Zardac_the_Great

Original Post

Nod is way op when fighting gdi

★★★★ Novice

GDI has a vast disadvantage against nod. The changes made lately are unbalanced. All nod needs to do is build banshees and infantry to kill GDI.  

Message 1 of 9 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You nerfed pit bulls so they cannot kill air units or ground vehicles at all, zone troopers fall over against any laser weapons and talons are worthless against nod air units. This is the most unbalanced changes made to any command and conquer game and I’ve played every single one. Just look at what everyone plays, oxana with low level units lol it’s pathetic. 

Message 2 of 9 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ted3rd04Not true. I fair better with GDI than with Nod. It boils down to playstyle and game mindset, I guess.

Message 3 of 9 (741 Views)

★★★★ Pro

What is true is that more players reach Tiberium League with Nod than with GDI. So it seems like Nod does have a bit of an advantage. Either that, or there are more players who play Nod than players who play GDI.

Message 4 of 9 (735 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’ve finished top 1% in both nod and GDI for multiple seasons in a row. It doesn’t come down to play style it comes down to the changes recently made. No one can argue what I stated above. You are simply throwing opinion at facts. 

Message 5 of 9 (732 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Mister_Crac wrote:

What is true is that more players reach Tiberium League with Nod than with GDI. So it seems like Nod does have a bit of an advantage. Either that, or there are more players who play Nod than players who play GDI.

Very true, but all of them play oxana with nod air units. 

Message 6 of 9 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

Maybe GDI could use some DPS related buffs. It seems Nod has more damage in exchange for armor. Nod definitely needs more armor and less speed. GDI needs more speed and damage per strike. Also, certain units are rarely seen in the tiberium league. Could the developers shift these to the point that less often used units are brought out more often? Units like the tick tank, shatterer, orca bomber and rock worm need to appear more often in matches from platinum to tiberium league. Some of those units need stat changes so they are worth it as part of one's deck.

Message 7 of 9 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have always used GDI . Never ever used NOD. I get to Masters and then start over. I’ve done it multiple times. It usually takes me about 2 weeks. 

This last time, I actually tried NOD. What a difference. I made it to Masters in a little over a week.

This is what I’ve noticed...

Attack bikes cost less and are double the speed than a pitbull . This allows me to use no harvester until I take out theirs. When doing so with GDI, it doesn’t always work. The extra 10 tiberium and the slow moving pitbull slows the harvester rush considerably. I can also micro the attack bikes easier due to their speed. 

Seth. Using Seth, I can attack their harvesters with attack bikes and base with flames at the same time. With GDI, I cannot do that. Shockwaves are too slow to walk all the way across the entire map. So with NOD since I’m attacking both the base and harvesters at the same time, the player usually only focuses on one attack while the other attack completes the mission. Many times they ignored my flames attacking their base while defending the harvester. I only needed one missile after that to win. Also flames having the ability to go anywhere allowed me to steal missile and jump onto the 3rd pad at the last second. GDI has no such missile stealer. 

Tanks. The predator tank was too slow for me. I couldn’t micro it. It always got shot down by orcas and missile/ lasers so I never used it. With the Scorpion tank, it’s greater speed me allows me to hit and run with it. Now I actually have a good counter against Wolverines and Widowmakers where previously with the predator tank I didn’t because I couldn’t use it. 

Banshee. With the banshee I can use it against tanks and aircraft. In contrast with GDI’s Orca, it was useless against air. With NODS banshee, I get 2 for 1 out of its use. 

Also since the new Meta changes with Tech coming out faster, with GDI, I had to throw Zone Troopers in there to give me a chance. With NOD and it’s increased speed and multi roled banshee, I do not need tech. I also don’t need to add Flames to my deck since Seth gives me the ability to add flames. With GDI I needed one slot allocated to Shockwaves. Because of Seth, that extra slot can go to something else. That extra slot is being taken up now by a Scorpion tank to be used when I need it. 

With cheap Militants for scouting and taking out lasers and missile troopers , lasers for vehicles and air, buggy for infantry and air, scorpion tanks for wolverines and widow makers, attack bikes for rushes and air, and the banshee for air and vehicles, avatar, centurion, and sometimes infantry, Seth for zones and cyborgs in conjunction with militants, I do not need a tech unit at all. 

Message 8 of 9 (677 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am a GDI main. I've played Nod since I realized the game was really trying to force me to play both sides. Now, I mainly use the Brotherhood to delay my GDI's rise to levels I can't compete in.

I wouldn't say that Nod is OP, but I have noticed that the Noddies seem to be able to rush my harvester AND build a harvester. Not quite sure how that's possible, but I've noticed it happening several times. 

Message 9 of 9 (633 Views)