Nod Unfairness

by Marine_CorporaI

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Nod Unfairness

Going forward until you fix the gross imbalance between Nod and GDI, I will back out of any match by any player who is playing with Nod by force closing the game.

The imbalance is utterly ridiculous when playing as GDI. Flame tanks and that ridiculous worm that kills everything with one shot and never dies is absurd. 

I hold my own when playing GDI vs GDI. But against Nod, it's very rare that I get a victory. When I do is because the other guy made a stupid mistake. But head to head against someone who's descent, no chance. 

Message 1 of 15 (1,585 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nod Unfairness

★★ Guide

That's the problem :/

Nod definitely gets better units earlier on than GDI. Once you make it to level 8 or 10 things should get a bit easier.

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (1,519 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Out of curiosity, what level are you? Earlier on, I definitely feel like Nod starts with better units. GDI doesn't get some key units until levels 10-12.

Message 2 of 15 (1,546 Views)

Level 5.

Message 3 of 15 (1,532 Views)

★★ Guide

That's the problem :/

Nod definitely gets better units earlier on than GDI. Once you make it to level 8 or 10 things should get a bit easier.

Message 4 of 15 (1,520 Views)

★★★★ Guide

well there is still and imbalance issue tho and if you want to get ahead fast dough out some cash bc thats the only way to win now days 

Message 5 of 15 (1,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Agreed. Extremely frustrating.
Message 6 of 15 (1,273 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't think this is a problem with NOD, your just not used to playing a different faction yet. From the word go, I wanted to hit NOD and use them, but by the time I unlocked them, I found them to not be nearly as strong as my GDI. So instead, I kept maining my GDI until I could build a good NOD deck. 

To counter the flame tank, literally use anything but infantry. A predator at 60 tib will murder a 140 tib flame tank. That's half the price, and it wins.

The Rockworm is a vehicle destroyer. Use infantry, or even better, air. An orca will bomb a rockworm mercilessly. And it is cheaper. Look at the units, learn their counters, and build a balanced deck.

Lastly, stop going double harvester. If the enemy goes double, send over units to kill theirs. Not only will that net you free money, but you put them at an eco disadvantage. If you let them mass flame tanks and rockworms, there is only one person to blame, and it's not your opponent. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,250 Views)

★ Apprentice

Then I build a cyborg and murder every tank you build. No strategy works. Play defense. Scout them early and wait to build your early troops. And stop attacking harverstors, was always the scummy way to win in c&c.

Message 8 of 15 (1,245 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
and a simple rifleman at 10 tiberium kills your 120 tib cyborg. Every unit has a counter. Knowing how and when to use them is crucial.

Currently (in my opinion) the only 'scummy' thing to do is have all your units camp the enemy base with none on the silo's after you have defeated your opponent. Everything else has a counter.
Message 9 of 15 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think the game is all that unbalanced at all. 

Make Zone troopers and APC if they have air/flame tank.

Got to run some anti-infantry, your choice, of course a infantry anti-infantry might pan out a little bit better.

You got Orca's to take out key targets. It's a fairly balanced interaction.

Message 10 of 15 (1,219 Views)