Nod Scarabs overpowered

by SwineDoc

Original Post

Nod Scarabs overpowered

★★★ Newbie

The Scarabs are overpowered and have no counter. Kind of rediculious that two hits take out a Sandstorm, or wolverine,or zone troopers.

Message 1 of 32 (5,610 Views)

Re: Nod Scarabs overpowered

★★ Apprentice
No they suck tbh. Just dont let them get on the platforms before you, which is easy because infantry run faster, and on most maps you can kinda tell where they might send the scarabs. Most times one infantry group can kill scarabs walking up to them, so essentially nod player can just use scarabs to protect harvester which imo is their best niche anyway.
Message 2 of 32 (5,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the tip. Ya, the issue was as you discribed they are on pads before me and destroyed anything I sent.

Message 3 of 32 (5,566 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also, just send weakened/near death units into the scarabs to waste them. If you have none, sending Infantry/Militia is a cost effective way of dealing with scarabs.

Message 4 of 32 (5,546 Views)

★ Apprentice

Another tip. Scarabs make a specific sound when they are created which you can hear even if you don't have vision. So you can always know if they are rushing. The sound design in this game as a whole is really good and while Scarabs are the only unit I've identified a unique sound for, there are definitely sounds when your opponents build vehicles and other units. Very helpful for determining and defending against an early rush.

Message 5 of 32 (5,504 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Overpowered? Only if they're on defense. Most of the time, you can eliminate them with basic infantry if they approach you, but I do agree that it's sorta ridiculous that they can hit air units.

Message 6 of 32 (5,468 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just run an infantry or a unit that's about to die into them...... Problem solved

Message 7 of 32 (5,443 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thing should not be able to hit land and air .they need to be weaker or more expensive . People just build them and block you from the pads. Thing are ruining the game 

Message 8 of 32 (5,059 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I hate these things so much, that fact that the only counter is get on the pads first means that's your only strategy. You should not be able to just spam one unit and win.  If they were more expensive or only had one scarab per unit or didn't leave behind fire, or couldn't also hit air then they would be fine, but they can do all of it.  I have beaten them once by rushing the pads and if I run that strategy every time it's fine, but that's so boring and is bad game design to force people into specific strategy's.

Message 9 of 32 (2,757 Views)

★ Guide

I think scarabs can be useful as a defensive strategy. I think they shouldn't target aircraft however. Seems incorrect to see a bomb fly straight to a flying aircraft. I just reached Nod and will try playing it tomorrow.

Message 10 of 32 (2,755 Views)