No option To Breed

by edlynette

Original Post

No option To Breed

★ Novice

Hey all I'm just wondering if anyone else has the problem with pets that don't even give you the option to encourage to breed or interact with the other pet in the house?

Is there any way to fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (560 Views)

Re: No option To Breed

Champion

@edlynette Dogs and cats can only breed when the female is in heat. Please watch for her to act rather needy and fussy and have hearts coming out of her mouth sometimes when she is doing so. That is the time to encourage them to breed.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (544 Views)

★ Novice

I've seen her do that many times but I get no prompt to even encourage that.... is the Pets expansion really this broken?

Message 3 of 6 (537 Views)

Champion

@edlynette Do you have Mods or CC in your game?

Message 4 of 6 (535 Views)

★ Novice

I just recently added very few cc and I have the MC command center

Message 5 of 6 (531 Views)

Champion

@edlynette Please try the following:

• Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder to your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. After that, please see if the issue has stopped. 
    (If It fixes the situation you can re-add your mods/cc one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Message 6 of 6 (523 Views)