Re: No Tech Units AT All

by Marine_CorporaI

Original Post

It’s become a tech only game. Since you don’t see it, I suspect probably that you are a tech user yourself. I mean look how fast his wolverines came out. 

Message 11 of 19 (660 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Look. Watch this video below.

Now my units are low and I made a few mistakes. But watch how fast tech came out. Surely I’m not the only one this is happening to. Tech never used to come out immediately after the first missile before. 

My point isn’t how to beat tech. I know how to beat tech. I obviously do if I reach Masters 2 every time I start over and do it with level 7,8,and 9 units.  When my units are higher, it’s easier. It’s how fast it comes out now that is my point. I never had this problem before. I’ve been playing this game since the beginning. Always make it to Masters in multiple accounts. Still do. But this is ridiculous. I let that missile charge without any real delay. It never really stalled. Then tech came out. It’s due to the lower price of the tech buildings. I’m not the only one that says it. Even the YouTube greats say that it has changed. 

https://youtu.be/6Ct4DYsjOB8

Well, its because of the way the tech lab's fee is handled. For every building you ordered that's not the tech lab, the price of the tech lab goes down by 30 tiberium. If only the condition instead requires a person to spend 100 tiberium in infantry, vehicles or air. For each that's spent on units, the lab should decrease per 100 tiberium worth of multiple units. Lets say 3 shock-wave troopers or 2 shatterers would cause the price to go down by 30. Also 2 harvesters are kind of like cheating, especially if other players play with 1 or no harvesters. The second harvester should only be able to provide 60% of the rate the 1st one provides. They should fix tech so that its used as a last resort and not a weapon to crush your enemies.

Message 12 of 19 (654 Views)

That’s my point. 

Message 13 of 19 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@KelinDrawn wrote:

Yes you can stop them from getting out. Just keep the missile charged at all times.

Not true. They can just bring out double harvesters and need to do only very little to defend them, like just a Missile Squad or some such. Even when you get the first missile for free, they can still stomp your units on the pads into the ground with their Tech units before the second missile hits. Or they just build double harvesters and attack you for distraction with a single Missile Squad or so. Very easy to do, requires basically no skill at all (and that is probably why so many players are doing it).

Also, you cannot always prevent stalling. As long as the missile is charging normally - sure. You could also let them charge the missile for you. But at some point you need to contest the pads, at the latest when the missile is about to fire, and there it is: The missile gets stalled. This gives the double harvester player all the Tiberium which they need, they bring out Tech, BAM you're dead.

Message 14 of 19 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

There you go (one of my games).

He tried to stall the missile with his riflemen so I made a second unit. Also after the 1st missile fired I immediately went for the Harvester. I never actually destroyed it, but that didn’t matter, it was more of a diversion anyway. By the time his Sandstorm is on the field it was already too late.

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@KelinDrawn wrote:

Yes you can stop them from getting out. Just keep the missile charged at all times.

Not true.

What I meant to say is by the time they do come out, it’s already too late.

Message 15 of 19 (631 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@KelinDrawn wrote:

Not true. They can just bring out double harvesters and need to do only very little to defend them, like just a Missile Squad or some such. Even when you get the first missile for free, they can still stomp your units on the pads into the ground with their Tech units before the second missile hits. Or they just build double harvesters and attack you for distraction with a single Missile Squad or so. Very easy to do, requires basically no skill at all (and that is probably why so many players are doing it).

Also, you cannot always prevent stalling. As long as the missile is charging normally - sure. You could also let them charge the missile for you. But at some point you need to contest the pads, at the latest when the missile is about to fire, and there it is: The missile gets stalled. This gives the double harvester player all the Tiberium which they need, they bring out Tech, BAM you're dead.

One way to stop tech is to ensure that the 2nd harvester looks useless. If you blocked one of the harvesters, you simply gave your enemy a useless unit. Just be sure to stop your enemy from trying to stop your resource disruption effort. At this rate, we may as well converse on how tech makes the game look bad, and strategies to delay tech so one could win.

Message 16 of 19 (623 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@KelinDrawn wrote:

There you go (one of my games).

Thank you for posting this.

With all due respect, I think that this is one of the easier maps. There are others that are more of a headache, like the ones where they can bring out double harvesters right next to their base and even scouting takes quite some time because it takes so long in the beginning to bring your scouting unit across the entire battlefield.

Message 17 of 19 (615 Views)

★★ Guide

You’re welcome.

Sure, especially in Masters the maps are very tech friendly. But as you just saw you don’t really need to destroy the Harvesters. It’s enough if the opponent believes you are going to, so they have to build defenses which delays everything else for them. Also don’t be afraid to build a second scout. You will always be able to counter their counter faster than the other way around, because you have only one Harvester and therefore are able to pump units out faster.

Message 18 of 19 (605 Views)

@KelinDrawn I just watched your video. Looks like he or she chose to not build anything that contested or stalled the 2nd missile. Had he or she chose snipers or shockwaves instead of grenadiers and you didn’t have a shatterer, you would have been swarmed with tech.

If you watch my video, contesting their harvester did absolutely nothing. Tech came out pretty damned fast.
Message 19 of 19 (585 Views)