Re: No Tech Units AT All

by KelinDrawn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Tech Units AT All

Who here uses no tech units at all. Not even one? If so, how do you stop tech from coming out? 

I can only stop stupid players. Players that go straight to tech. They lose. The ones that throw level 11 shockwaves or flames or anything to slightly stall the missiles, out comes tech with artillery and anti area combos. There is absolutely no way to stop them afterwards with just militants, missiles,lasers, bikes, buggies, tanks, and banshees when that combo out. None. Absolutely none. 

I guess I can use tech too but man that’s so damn boring. And yes. I’m killing tons of harvesters. It doesn’t matter. They just keep coming out. 

Message 1 of 19 (662 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Pro

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Who here uses no tech units at all. Not even one? If so, how do you stop tech from coming out?

You can't. The game is really out of balance now, it is way too easy to bring out Tech units way too early. The developers have not done a good job there for sure.

All you can do is to charge the pads as early as possible, and then still they will be able to bring out Tech units before the second missile fires. Destroying the harvesters does pretty much nothing, since they can be just rebuilt for free. You can only hope that they spend enough Tiberium on defending their harvesters so that this will delay their Tech units.

Extremely good players like 13lade still manage to do well with Aggro decks. But these people are the exception, not the rule.

@EA_Alexander 
@EA_Barry 
@EA_Grasshopper 
@EA_HighCommand
@EA_Cade 
@AHQ_Official 
Could you please try to talk some sense into the developers and explain to them that the current meta is very bad for the health of the game? Forcing almost everybody into the same playstyle (playing decks with many Tech units) is not a good idea, and never will be. The game should be fun and interesting in different ways. That makes for a healthy game that can run for a long time, and make EA more money that way.

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (641 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

You can't. The game is really out of balance now, it is way too easy to bring out Tech units way too early. The developers have not done a good job there for sure.

All you can do is to charge the pads as early as possible, and then still they will be able to bring out Tech units before the second missile fires. Destroying the harvesters does pretty much nothing, since they can be just rebuilt for free. You can only hope that they spend enough Tiberium on defending their harvesters so that this will delay their Tech units.

Extremely good players like 13lade still manage to do well with Aggro decks. But these people are the exception, not the rule.

@EA_Alexander 
@EA_Barry 
@EA_Grasshopper 
@EA_HighCommand
@EA_Cade 
@AHQ_Official 
Could you please try to talk some sense into the developers and explain to them that the current meta is very bad for the health of the game? Forcing almost everybody into the same playstyle (playing decks with many Tech units) is not a good idea, and never will be. The game should be fun and interesting in different ways. That makes for a healthy game that can run for a long time, and make EA more money that way.

Message 2 of 19 (642 Views)

[ Edited ]

It’s a shame. I used to beat the level 11 whales with my level eight and nine units. Now it seems almost impossible unless they make a mistake.

Funny thing is that I only beat them when they spend units to protect their harvester. Now they don’t even do that because they know that it’s a waste of money. Just keep pumping out more harvesters and throw a few units at the pads to stall the missile until you get the tech lab building. After that it’s over.

Message 3 of 19 (632 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes you can stop them from getting out. Just keep the missile charged at all times.

Wheels, war dogs and bikes (any squad vehicle) can block most tech units from entering a pad before the 2nd missle hits. Also if you place your scouting unit close to the base while charging the pads you can see what unit they build after double harvester and counter accordingly.

Message 4 of 19 (631 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

I usually scout early to see if my opponent is using double harvesters. The more I pressure his harvesters and the pad, the more likely I'll win. I usually attack his harvesters with 2 or 3 units and leave the rest of my army at the pads to quickly charge it. If tech does come out, grenadiers/mutant marauders are key to eliminating most tech units. Sandstorms, titans, wolverines, widow-makers, centurions and rock worms are out. Bring a main battle tank to help clear flame tanks and disruptors. For juggernaut, artillery, mammoth and avatar, you might need an anti-vehicle air unit like banshee. Zone and cyborg are easily dealt with shock-wave/flame troopers. If only GDI had their equivalent for a Nod banshee, fast and strong against both air and vehicles.

Message 5 of 19 (630 Views)

[ Edited ]

@KelinDrawn wrote:

Yes you can stop them from getting out. Just keep the missile charged at all times.

Wheels, war dogs and bikes (any squad vehicle) can block most tech units from entering a pad before the 2nd missle hits. Also if you place your scouting unit close to the base while charging the pads you can see what unit they build after double harvester and counter accordingly.

I do that. This isn’t my first rodeo. When they put something on a pad, I step off.  It still comes out. Sure you get the first missile. Most times they don’t even fight for it. Just try to stall it. After that first missile, out comes the tech where previously it was after the 2nd missile. 

Message 6 of 19 (614 Views)

@EinarThePillager wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

I usually scout early to see if my opponent is using double harvesters. The more I pressure his harvesters and the pad, the more likely I'll win. I usually attack his harvesters with 2 or 3 units and leave the rest of my army at the pads to quickly charge it. If tech does come out, grenadiers/mutant marauders are key to eliminating most tech units. Sandstorms, titans, wolverines, widow-makers, centurions and rock worms are out. Bring a main battle tank to help clear flame tanks and disruptors. For juggernaut, artillery, mammoth and avatar, you might need an anti-vehicle air unit like banshee. Zone and cyborg are easily dealt with shock-wave/flame troopers. If only GDI had their equivalent for a Nod banshee, fast and strong against both air and vehicles.

I don’t have those marauder units. I’m a level 17. Get to masters with only basic units. After that, it’s game over. A level 8 flame does nothing against an OP Shock or Cyborg that isn’t supposed to decimate infantry. A banshee is useless if someone parks zone troopers right next to the artillery. 

I only beat those that don’t do that. Those that pump out one tech unit over and over. Those aren’t the problem. The problem is when they dont fight. They just park tech. Tech that works with each other. I can’t seem to get past that unless I use tech myself. 

Message 7 of 19 (607 Views)

★★ Guide

Well then I suggest you watch some replays on C&CTV. While you do see the occasional avatar or mammoth tank being played I guarantee you they do not win by default. Attacking their harvesters is useful so they spend Tiberium defending it but it is not the ultimate goal, because like someone said they can just rebuild it and it hardly stops them.

Message 8 of 19 (602 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

@EinarThePillager wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

I don’t have those marauder units. I’m a level 17. Get to masters with only basic units. After that, it’s game over. A level 8 flame does nothing against an OP Shock or Cyborg that isn’t supposed to decimate infantry. A banshee is useless if someone parks zone troopers right next to the artillery. 

I only beat those that don’t do that. Those that pump out one tech unit over and over. Those aren’t the problem. The problem is when they dont fight. They just park tech. Tech that works with each other. I can’t seem to get past that unless I use tech myself. 

Well, grenadiers and mutant marauders have been brought earlier into the level up system. I had a deck that deals with like 80 to 90% of all tech units. Its Grenadier, predator, rhino, shock-wave trooper, war dog and missile squad. With this deck, the only tech you have to worry about are juggernauts, kodiak, mammoths and their nod counterparts. I found it to be the most stable deck I used, for like the past 2 seasons. Note that the deck might struggle against combos like attack bike and flame troopers,

Message 9 of 19 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]

Look. Watch this video below.

Now my units are low and I made a few mistakes. But watch how fast tech came out. Surely I’m not the only one this is happening to. Tech never used to come out immediately after the first missile before. 

My point isn’t how to beat tech. I know how to beat tech. I obviously do if I reach Masters 2 every time I start over and do it with level 7,8,and 9 units.  When my units are higher, it’s easier. It’s how fast it comes out now that is my point. I never had this problem before. I’ve been playing this game since the beginning. Always make it to Masters in multiple accounts. Still do. But this is ridiculous. I let that missile charge without any real delay. It never really stalled. Then tech came out. It’s due to the lower price of the tech buildings. I’m not the only one that says it. Even the YouTube greats say that it has changed. 

https://youtu.be/6Ct4DYsjOB8

Message 10 of 19 (590 Views)