Re: No Player Wipes!

by Bizaction123

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I think the no player wipes is great, thanks for doing that! 

Message 11 of 35 (1,464 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well that's a bummer I was def hoping for a reset

Message 12 of 35 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Novice
stupidest thing ever done right here. Pre Alpha i guess means "Live Beta" now. well done EA another fail.
Message 13 of 35 (1,147 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm happy about this. Thanks. 

Message 14 of 35 (1,114 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Hixjohn,

We are listening and taking feedback from all of our players. If there are concerns around this announcement (or anything related to Rivals), I am more than happy to listen to those concerns and help out as needed. I may also be able to address some of the concerns, as needed.

You are correct; the pre-alpha phase allows us to make balance changes to commanders, units, maps, progression, etc and find and fix any bugs that may crop up. We will continue to balance units, maps, commanders, etc. and issue bug fixes as needed after the game is launched.

We are committed to making the matches as balanced as possible. Players will battle others around their same level. This means that new players should not face off against players with a high medal count.We will monitor the matchmaking system to ensure that it is functioning properly, and can adjust it as needed. As players win and earn medals, they will continue to face opponents around their level. Those just starting the game will have a chance to learn and try new tactics as they progress through the game.

Again, please feel free to let me know any concerns or questions that you have.

Message 15 of 35 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA Dance.  I understand that alpha is to test the system you all have in place.  But it should also you to wipe the accounts for players that test your system and found bugs and glitches. 

So players did not par take in the survey that granted them 1000 gems to forward there advancements.  that gives unfair balance to new players and even a few week old players.

With the no wipe system you have no room to test or try things knowing that the game is set in stone now.  So players like myself who have tested different units places gems and gold in different upgrades now find our selves at a lose because we could have tested or done things differently.

The no wipe players is wrong on many lvls.  We are testers not a live beta. "Live beta" is where players keep the progress of the accounts not a PRE ALPHA. 

Players who found glitches and exploited them have an upper advantage over other players.  Players who found bugs inside troop balance now have a higher medal and advancement over all players as well. 

You cant allow players who are testing and finding the bugs and fixes to keep the accounts that might have exploited these at the time before any fix was done.

I would love to hear good reasons to why you want a NO wipe is not in the future because as a player I would like to have EQUAL opportunity as every other player does when it launches to the world.

Message 16 of 35 (1,093 Views)

★ Guide
I've given my opinion elsewhere but it occurs to me I never put it here on the forum.

I also think there should be a player wipe, was looking forward to it honestly, it does feel unfair for people coming in at launch or even just later in the alpha.

To spread information a bit on what the devs have said about this decision though since it doesn't seem to have made it here, they have said that the top ranking players will be compressed down in medals so that we're all closer to 2k on each faction, so some things will change even without a wipe. I'll also leave you with a quote from one of the devs on the discord from when this first came up:

"As we let new people into the game, it'll be better for there to already be players distributed throughout the matchmaking tiers, so that people can find more appropriate matches immediately as they rank up instead of it being sorta a coin toss
Additionally, people have put in a tremendous amount of hard work and effort progressing their accounts, and we don't want all of that work to feel like it was wasted, especially since we super appreciate how patient you all have been with bugs, balance, and general early access shenanigans"
Message 17 of 35 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Novice

Pre-alpha

Pre-alpha refers to all activities performed during the software project before formal testing. These activities can include requirements analysis, software design, software development, and unit testing. In typical open source development, there are several types of pre-alpha versions. Milestone versions include specific sets of functions and are released as soon as the functionality is complete.

Alpha

The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing (alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, used as the number 1). In this phase, developers generally test the software using white-box techniques. Additional validation is then performed using black-box or gray-box techniques, by another testing team. Moving to black-box testing inside the organization is known as alpha release.

Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss. Alpha software may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version. In general, external availability of alpha software is uncommon in proprietary software, while open source software often has publicly available alpha versions. The alpha phase usually ends with a feature freeze, indicating that no more features will be added to the software. At this time, the software is said to be feature complete.

Beta

Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. Software in the beta stage is also known as betaware. Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.[4] Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, preview release, prototype, technical preview / technology preview (TP),[5] or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta, where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a final "stable" release.

Beta testers are people who actively report issues of beta software. They are usually customers or representatives of prospective customers of the organization that develops the software. Beta testers tend to volunteer their services free of charge but often receive versions of the product they test, discounts on the release version, or other incentives.

Im sorry but players who have spend countless hours of service towards the game are helping the game function, not to benefit themselves.  I strongly disagree to this topic in a whole.

Message 18 of 35 (1,065 Views)

★ Apprentice
Although this might seem nice on first, it is a terrible idea. We are testers, not players. A wipe is nothing more then fair and makes this game way more competitive.

Please reconsider.
Message 19 of 35 (1,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you are not willing after "alpha" you must wipe after "beta" most developers wipe progress after each test session if you don't wipe after "beta" if you even go to  beta since this alpha is more beta than alpha, anyone joining on official launch would be too far behind to even attempt to get on the leadership board y'all caving in and not wiping because people don't jmderunder how testing sessions work is just bad buisness

Message 20 of 35 (987 Views)