Re: Nfs payback can you add police to free roam

by Elvisdingivan

Original Post

★★ Expert

@Luiv69 

You can spam the forums asking and begging for Cops to be added to free roam.

EA will flat out deny your request!

Besides having Cop cars in free roam was done once before in another EA NFS Game and people didn't like it!

So EA trashed it and removed it from the game!  

The game I speak of was Need for Speed World back in 2010 to 2015.

You can read the old forums still for NFSW and see how people hated the free roam police and so EA pulled the plug on it!

I guess many of you are new gamers or the same ones who cried before asking EA to play Santa clause again!

Regards

BLVD69

Message 11 of 19 (1,475 Views)

★ Apprentice
NOOOOOOO COOPPPPSSS IN FREE ROAM.

They ruin it 🤣🤣
Message 12 of 19 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Why is that
Message 13 of 19 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I hate the game whiteout cops in free roam
Message 14 of 19 (1,404 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@codigo31 wrote:
I refuse to buy this game till I can be a cop. I loved that aspect of rivals and was disappointed at the last nfs.

Did you buy it in the end? You can be a cop to some extent online, I do. You just need a custom cop car, made using shipment cop vanity items (I recommend the Corvette GS used by the FVPD themselves) or pick up the abandoned Ford Crown Victoria (with a working light bar!). I set up a community with the intention of player-delivered freeroam cops! Since Ghost games/EA wouldn't give us freeroam cops, I decided to take matters into my own hands and me and my friends play as cops. We get together frequently doing hot pursuits, interceptors, shutting down quick races and generally keeping the peace in Fortune Valley. It's actually really fun, you should try!

Message 15 of 19 (1,157 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BLVD69 wrote:

@Luiv69 

You can spam the forums asking and begging for Cops to be added to free roam.

EA will flat out deny your request!

Besides having Cop cars in free roam was done once before in another EA NFS Game and people didn't like it!

So EA trashed it and removed it from the game!  

The game I speak of was Need for Speed World back in 2010 to 2015.

You can read the old forums still for NFSW and see how people hated the free roam police and so EA pulled the plug on it!

I guess many of you are new gamers or the same ones who cried before asking EA to play Santa clause again!

Regards

BLVD69

That isn't very motivational, but I'm very proud to say we have been given a cop car anyway! The FVPD Crown Victoria is proof that EA will listen somewhat, and have given us another cop car. As I mentioned in my own thread, I really hope to be able to drive the other vehicles utilised by the FVPD or to have cop cars from the new department in the next game (2019). But you've made it very clear to us that EA will never listen and so I guess I shouldn't dream or think with any degree of innovation as it is all just delusional...

Message 16 of 19 (1,153 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

Alright in fairness send your requests for things you want with EA or Ghost studios directly!

Posting in forums might get a look from a representative of Ea or Ghost but don't count on it.

I like to keep the reality front and center!

Here is a direct link.

https://www.ea.com/studios/ghost-games

OR

https://www.computerhope.com/comp/ea.htm

Message 17 of 19 (1,121 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

Me too. I've already directly contacted them, that was my first move, then I moved to additional action. But it's been made clear to me that fighting for Payback is a lost cause, so I might as well try to improve 2019 by suggesting ideas with some plausibility. The forums are just a place for me to see if I can help others, and to spread awareness of suggestions that are worthy of it. I don't wish to be branded as someone begging EA to add something. If you want, I can try and send you a link to my cases regarding the release of cop cars in Payback and unlocking the "Overwatch" cars in Rivals that are now completely inaccessible. The support team was actually quite friendly and helpful, but who knows if anything I said had any actual influence, it probably didn't.

Message 18 of 19 (1,113 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

I'm happy to read you took immediately to action and contacted EA. 

As public consumers it's our full right to addresses our thoughts in a constructive feedback to companies we give our money in support to. 

Now my next point is Payback has pretty much come to it's conclusion for it's two years of updates.

The next game will be showing up at the next EA3 show this June 2019.

I also fully understand your frustrations for wanting more updates in Payback.

However, this will and has now been the normal frame of time EA has set up for the NFS Franchise based on every Two years per contract under the fine print when consumers purchase the game. 

I hope this clarifies things better for you. 

Have a good day. 😁👍

Message 19 of 19 (1,106 Views)