New map with new water units

by 97977755j5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New map with new water units

★★★ Newbie

Firstly I love to play rivals.. one of the greatest games so far. It time to update with new map featuring water/sea and with that water units like submarine and killer octopus. This add more dynamic to the game.

• HerMondeo
Message 1 of 12 (1,100 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New map with new water units

★★★★ Pro

That's a good suggestion. It has been made before, but unfortunately nothing ever came of it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (1,080 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

That's a good suggestion. It has been made before, but unfortunately nothing ever came of it.

Message 2 of 12 (1,081 Views)

★ Guide

Not to be a partypooper but I can't see this happening for a simple mobile game, especially with a deck size of 6 units. And submarines and octopussies you say? This is not red alert xD

Message 3 of 12 (1,065 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Well at least there could be water on some maps. And a bridge across it. A bridge over troubled water. Standard smile

Message 4 of 12 (1,057 Views)

★ Guide

Wouldn't that make GDI hover tech OP on those maps?

Message 5 of 12 (1,044 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@incia wrote:

Nod needs some of those hover units. Currently, the only units that can cross water are hover units, JJT's, and air units. Nod should have a hovering anti-air unit, also the attack bike, pitbull and chem buggy should be given helium tires. JJT's would not work on a water themed map as they can't stand on water. JJT's need a change so they can perform in a water themed map. Nod's the one who has fewer options when it comes to crossing water, I would suggest giving the confessor and scarabs the ability to thread water. There are some mods in RA2 that brings in GDI and Nod factions. In those mods, there are custom built sea faring units, maybe we could borrow those units and implement them in a water or swamp themed map.

Message 6 of 12 (1,030 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I suspect sea units are going to require a dedicated Red Alert game. I rather hope for a Red Alert update, so that I can play against Nod as the Allies.

Message 7 of 12 (1,026 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is never going to happen, for a game at this stage it would introduce to many problems

Message 8 of 12 (1,010 Views)

I think it’s too complicated for what this game is. This game also has way too many units as it is for a 6 slot game. Boats will make things worse. The devs should be working on fixing the damage that our current units are doing whether too much or too little. They need work. 

What they could do is create choke points with waterways and mountains. 

Message 9 of 12 (1,006 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@incia wrote:

They couldn't all hover over water in the older C&C games, could they?

Message 10 of 12 (979 Views)