New feature idea: pulling guard

by ajpenn1

Original Post

New feature idea: pulling guard

★★ Novice
I've noticed a tactic for many clinch players is to tire out an opponent in a dominant position on the poorly designed clinch controls. I thought there might be a way to keep clinch players with the advantage, but offer ground fighters a realistic alternative to escaping clinch... or failed takedowns. The idea of pulling to a full guard or half guard could offer interesting opportunities. Especially from a muay Thai plum on cage, there could be an option to closing legs around them standing and making them carry your weight. Both players stamina could drain until either submissive player is forced to guard or they gain the back in a scramble. It would be a nice feature to have some sort of guard pulling mechanic. Especially if all else fails in trying to takedown or escape an opponents clinch. A feature like this should make it easier for top player to get to their feet thou. Not necessarily posturing up transitions should be easier, but direct setups with LB modifier could be made less blockable.

What does anyone else think of adding the ability to pull guard? Could make guard playing more of an option, am I right?
Message 1 of 1 (428 Views)