Re: New Unit Showcase: Laser Drone

by wwfyin

Original Post

New Unit Showcase: Laser Drone

Community Manager (retired)

We are introducing the Nod Laser Drone, a new fast and maneuverable air unit.. Whether you’re leading them into battle, or defending against them, we have all the details, tips, and counters you’ll need to crush your rivals.

Laser Drone Social.png

Squad of “piloted” drones equipped with low wield laser weaponry.

Laser Drones are the result of Kane’s directive to utilize recruits from Yellow Zones whose physical limitations, brought on by years of Tiberium exposure, made them unsuitable for standard service. It was found that by forcibly transplanting the cerebrum of these recruits into a Laser Drone, they could provide a few days of valuable service to the Brotherhood despite their disabilities.

Interested in learning more about these new units that are coming soon? Check out the New Unit Showcase to learn more about the Laser Drones.

Message 1 of 10 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So NOD get their drone squads too. I thought that's a GDI thing. It looks much stronger than those GDI drones. NOD get everything don't they?

Message 2 of 10 (635 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
so far, these drones are 1 shot by rockets/lasers rather than the 2 that GDI drones can take. These drones also cost 20 tib per drone squad. This means they are twice as expensive, and VERY fragile all for a decent gun.
Message 3 of 10 (618 Views)

★★★★ Guide
meh....
Message 4 of 10 (583 Views)

★ Guide
because why nod... even if it makes nod the slightest bit of sense
Message 5 of 10 (542 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
FFS. Nod need a mid tier anti-vehicle infantry they can build at the Hand of Nod. THATS the unit they need.
Message 6 of 10 (471 Views)

★★★ Guide

Agreed - a version of JJT's - ish.  What we need is the classic Cyborg -- https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Cyborg_(Tiberian_Sun)

Let it heal in Tiberium.  its gets that and some more life in comparison to a JJT (can't shoot air) - but it's slower moving with a slower DPS.  Current Cyborg in game should, clearly.... be renamed to the Cyborg Reaper.... should also heal in tiberium....

But yeah - that would be quite the duo - regular cyborgs with vehicle destruction along with some confessors to pump them up.  Would be hot.

Message 7 of 10 (460 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
This new unit just like a shxx.
Message 8 of 10 (431 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

With its current iteration, I think it should be nerfed.

Played a match where the opponent had fully levelled, level 3 Laser Drones and it took around 1.5 of my level 7 (non-levelled) Nod Bikes, to take one down that was in a defensive position.  Yes, I know it's meant to be a cheap scout/harasser unit, but its current stats are a bit OP.

Message 9 of 10 (409 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I tell you something, since I used a laser drone, nod ranked top 6 fell to 18.This is not at all op.
Message 10 of 10 (402 Views)